Old 06-08-2016, 05:24 PM   #33
Baker
TF Site Team/Forum Founder

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Name: Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Model: Meridian 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
No argument that the boat was not set up properly. Lesson learned. My current boat is set up so I have minimal need for inverted power. All lighting, refergeration and fans are 12 volt. Stuff like TV, ice maker croc pot is about the only thing that is suitable for inverted power. My 1.5kw unit, when needed will do fine. The battery charger is a single bank smart 110 Amp hoss. I feel I have hands on control with this set up. Need lot of power then the genset gets to work. Works for me.
Not a damn thing wrong with that philosophy. Basically mine before I got the inverter. When I bought it and had it installed, I had sever buyer's remorse....basically I got it so the icemaker would keep running and so I didn't have to start the generator when somebody wanted to charge a cellphone. What I am shocked about is now I do not run the generator hardly at all!!! So there is some value in the lack of wear and tear on the generator and a little savings in fuel. Not trying to convince anyone here. Like I said, just shocked I don't run the generator at all really. So much so that I need to make a conscious effort to fire it up due to lack of use. With the Texas heat finally upon us, it will get a work out I am sure!!!
Meridian 411...T-Cummins 450C
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote