Now this is different.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool...someone is definitely not a herd follower!

You'd have to pick your weather windows for sure, but it looks really well set up.

Cool. How would you describe that. Sort of a luxury barge maybe..? It's way more than a houseboat.

Ancient Dutch scow bow barge form?

You'd be pretty comfy waiting out adverse weather in 1200 square feet of living space!

Greetings,
Hah! Different indeed with the same artistic license displayed by the broker, as usual..."[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]This expertly maintained vessel..." Dog's breakfast more like it IMO. The ER shots tell it all. Paint splattered about and wires run willy-nilly. Sorry Arbutus Coast Yachts. The $228K represents size/volume/quantity, NOT quality.
[/FONT]

I'd rather be on a river than an ocean in that one.

Apparently, your have not been around live a board and calm protected areas. In the puget sound there are live aboard barges house boats with the primary purpose of making a good live aboard. Heck, in some parts of the world where engines are not installed required. Before buying the eagle we looked at boats like that as we where also looking for a dock condo. Boat might be exactly what some one is looking for.

We were so newbie green we did not know what we really bought except it was BIG and fit our budget. :confused:

Actually...

If you consider its location, being along BC's coast, this could be a cool boat to cruise those waters and live aboard.

But... To me it's more of a houseboat than a ocean going vessel.

I agree with Kevin, it could be fun for someone with the right attitude. Two things struck me, the first is that the view out of the forward windows is horrible. We spend a lot of time seeing and avoiding logs in the water. The visibility seems as if that would be difficult. The second thing was the size of the holding tank. 40 gal is pretty small for a boat that can sleep 9. You would be spending a good share of your time pumping out, at least in most of the PNW waters that this boat is likely to see.

From the outside, that brings back memories of the boat from Stock Island given to the homeless man, only stipulation was him removing it from the marina. He did. It sank not far from the marina.

The fuel tanks are a little different. They look like home heating oil tanks.

I was going to say...They look like my old above ground oil tank.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1465359647.912635.jpg

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1465359667.256435.jpg

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

I know its a dawg from the outside and not very sea worthy but I'm going to bookmark that page and take some interior design ideas for the Rose! That thing is exactly the kind of feel I'm trying to achieve. Fish/Hunt camp on the water, that thing has duck hunting written all over her.

"Sort of a luxury barge maybe..? It's way more than a houseboat."

"Houseboat" today is a sort of derogatory term.

Remember most of the TRUMPY eye candy was called a "houseboat" , by the builder ,

when more rational language was the rule.

Looks like a perfect boat for most ICW travel.

I know its a dawg from the outside and not very sea worthy but I'm going to bookmark that page and take some interior design ideas for the Rose! That thing is exactly the kind of feel I'm trying to achieve. Fish/Hunt camp on the water, that thing has duck hunting written all over her.
Don't know about seaworthy but I believe she has been to Alaska more than most here. Fuel tanks are accessible, rugged west coast Isuzu power and J A Henckels knives.

Just can't figure why that chain doesn't dig a ditch in the focsle roof.

If you want some more specific info or pictures, let me know. I'm minutes away.

I like it.

Everything, that is, except the machinery/engine room/electric.

I'm from OR originally and spent some time up in Puget Sound and Vancouver/Nanaimo/Port Hardy.

This boat would make a spectacular cruising cottage.

Except... the machinery/engine room/electric.

Why, a tinkerer could putter around in that boat forever.
Wiring to tidy up, systems to maintain, all sorts of interesting details to tweak.
I like the stove, the space, the shelves and interior are all really clever. And it has a real couch. Ahhhhhhhh, upholstery..
Overall, I think I like it. Very different boat.

Shows what a personal choice boats are. Purely from the pictures, I could find almost nothing to like about that boat and a lot to actively dislike. Poor outside living areas. Poor view from helm. Poor view from living areas. Oddball galley/salon arrangement. Overall poor to mediocre looking ergonomics for handling and maintenance. as a former full time liveaboard and cruiser, I dislike it both as a boat and as a house.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom