Kemah, Florida and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We pulled in to Lake Arthur after an easy run from Shell Morgan (where we spent a rolly night at the fuel dock.) Looks like we made it just in time, skies are dark and sat TV just lost signal, so looks like we are fixing to get dumped on!

Hooked up power, went and got the 11 scoop special of Blue Bell Ice cream....and no TV. That just ain't right!

Now, if you only had a bottle of Chartruese to pour over that ice cream.:hide:

Attachments

• Chartruese Liquerer.jpg
    Chartruese Liquerer.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 332
Don, it would have been perfect! With 11 scoops of ice cream, (Blue Bell) it would have taken the whole bottle! Michelle (of course) had to take a photo before calling me a pig....not sure what law enforcement has to do with ice cream :)

Attachments

• 20160519_135752.jpg
    20160519_135752.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 85
Blue, We celebrated my youngest son's birthday a couple of days ago. He had a late meeting downtown. So he said to meet at Champy's 40s and Fowl. They serve 40 oz. bottles of beer and fried chicken. You would have loved it. I don't think that's redneck. Is it?

40s and fowl? That sounds more gangsta than redneck to me.

?

Dang right I would have loved it. Michelle can buy a 'Rum Bucket' everywhere we go but when I ask for a bucket of beer, they look at me strange. It's pure male discrimination!

40s and fowl? That sounds more gangsta than redneck to me.

?

Hey Bill, you may be closer there than you may know. My two grandsons like my car especially when I let them drive it. So, they were telling me that I was "G". I had no idea what that was, so finally asked. Harrison said you know "G" like Gangsta. Grand Dad that's just our way of telling you that you are really cool. I said me or my car. He just smiled.

Hey Bill, you may be closer there than you may know. My two grandsons like my car especially when I let them drive it. So, they were telling me that I was "G". I had no idea what that was, so finally asked. Harrison said you know "G" like Gangsta. Grand Dad that's just our way of telling you that you are really cool. I said me or my car. He just smiled.

Oh man, that's too funny.

Don Moon, Super G.

Baker (John) and Super model (Wendy). join the party at Lake Arthur. Yes Don, Green Chartreuse was involved in the subsequent welcoming ceremony :)

Attachments

• IMG_1142.jpg
    IMG_1142.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 200
Well, we have arrived back into the same slip we left in Beaumont Tx, November 1st last year. Just on 2,000 miles, many memories and many new friends later.

Baobab did well, with only one water pump failure, the entire trip. We will stay here for the month of June to do some planned maintenance and get her all cleaned up. Next month we plan on starting a new trip, West....

Michelle and I have enjoyed you'all's company and appreciate all the comments. To all those that we met on the trip, thank you for everything and if you ever head our way, I hope you will allow us to extend the same help, advice and courtesy, you'all gave us!

Stay safe!
Blue and Michelle

A little damp at the marina....

Well, we are safely back in our marina. Drove Saturday to Tarpon Springs to get the pick up. (Thanks for babysitting her Rossigal!). Returned last night at around 23:00 and found things a little damp.

I hope the panhandle fares a little better tonight!

All electricity has obviously been switched off by the marina.

IMG_1208.jpg

The houseboat is docked about 30 foot offshore lol.

IMG_1210.jpg

You can see the handrail in the foreground leading down the stairs so that my neighbor can get to his swim step. Probably unnecessary for the next few days....

IMG_1209.jpg

Holy smokes! That's crazy!

What marina are you in Blue? My boat is at the Jay Bettis dock for a couple of months.

Beaumont yacht club....Membership now includes free swimming lessons :)

Those pictures reminded me of a stay at Pete's Pier in Crystal River some years ago there was a strong west wind for days, we were in one of the covered slips and the water came up so much I was afraid we would hit the roof,.Fortunately it didn't get quite that high.

Steve, many of the boats are pulled forward so that they don't hit the roof of the covered slip. I am lucky enough to have a hinged radar arch. River is supposed to crest today but they are still doing "controlled releases" from the dams upstream. so not sure when we will get back to normal.

Well, we are safely back in our marina. Drove Saturday to Tarpon Springs to get the pick up. (Thanks for babysitting her Rossigal!). Returned last night at around 23:00 and found things a little damp.

I hope the panhandle fares a little better tonight!

All electricity has obviously been switched off by the marina.

View attachment 52774

The houseboat is docked about 30 foot offshore lol.

View attachment 52775

You can see the handrail in the foreground leading down the stairs so that my neighbor can get to his swim step. Probably unnecessary for the next few days....

View attachment 52776
dimer2, I was in Houston on saturday 5/28. Left there heading to Mobile. Stayed on I 10 because of flooding on 90 so I drove by your place. It did not look that bad then, but I figured it would get bad. Sorry you did not have a better welcome home than that.

Hiya Mike! Long time no hear. Next time you are in the area stop by (slip #20). It is a whole 100 ft of off I 10 lol.

Hiya Mike! Long time no hear. Next time you are in the area stop by (slip #20). It is a whole 100 ft of off I 10 lol.

Did you forget to mention that's 100 ft straight down?

Actually Bob it's about 94 ft straight down until this water recedes :). It is down about a foot from yesterday....another foot and we get electricity back!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom