Prop Speed Coating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, if you can find the the exact kind of boat you're looking for and it happens to be owned by the handful of other people out there who pull their boat out every year just so they can have their prop cleaned.

I thought everybody pulled their boat annually to check out things. Silly me. Good for you Mark. :thumb:

Here are some shots of my boat which was hauled out for survey before I sold it. ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1465394283.238471.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1465394348.291770.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1465394417.666338.jpgThe prop speed is over two years old and had been sitting for six months. The secret is in the application if you can spray it you might be able to get 3 years. Otherwise 2 is pretty much the norm for our typical use. In the first set of photos the props were sprayed by the prop shop and then installed. The struts, shafts,tabs and rudders were hand painted by the yard and you can see the difference. Note less is more as the sprayed coating on the prop blades is thin enough to see the name etched on the blades. The photos below are two years old and were also painted by hand at a different yard.
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1465394463.121424.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1465394497.023154.jpg

Been using the product since 2003 and I think the fuel savings alone have been worth the expense. Since you are probably going to engage a prop shop to address your pitting and cavitation problems you might want to have them spray coat the wheels.

Spell check via iPhone.

I thought everybody pulled their boat annually to check out things. Silly me. Good for you Mark. :thumb:

Seriously, why would you pull your boat out yearly just to "check things out" if your bottom paint is holding up fine?

Just put a mask on and have a look once in a while. Or pay a diver.

Save the needless haul out cost for fuel or for when a haul out is really needed. :D

Back
Top Bottom