Finally made it, NH, Great Bay Marine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roguewave

Guru
Vessel Name
bout’ time
Vessel Make
Grady White 282 Sailfish
Here for a few days to get the boat ready for launch, gots some good sippin' rum for anyone in the area that would like come by and say hi, and enjoy :socool: Swing on by :thumb:

Wow, that is our old stomping grounds back when we had our runabouts. Make sure to go to Newick's across the river for lobster rolls and chowdah if you are able to get a ride! Beautiful area! Just be careful of the tides and currents near the power plant when heading in and out of the bay. I remember being able to put our ski boat on plane there, surfing the waves, without going anywhere.

We'll be in the area in a couple of weeks, taking the asphalt slough up to Labrador... did you say good sippin' rum?

Wow, that is our old stomping grounds back when we had our runabouts. Make sure to go to Newick's across the river for lobster rolls and chowdah if you are able to get a ride! Beautiful area! Just be careful of the tides and currents near the power plant when heading in and out of the bay. I remember being able to put our ski boat on plane there, surfing the waves, without going anywhere.

The Piscataqua River is a real challenge :eek:, I defer to a more experienced friend to get me out of here. Been to Newicks, cool place, good food. Heading to South Portland (southport marine) Sat. I think. Home base till Oct. ?

Cancelled all boat launches today, too dang windy. The Piscataqua River is angry today. Big ol' whitecaps out there.

Used to do a lot of diving and windsurfing off the common and fort foster. Planing on spending a week or so in August on a mooring there. Need to lock the props from turning when anchored in the current there.

Spell check via iPhone.

Pulled into South Port Marine around 3. What a nice run from Great Bay Marine.
7 hour run at 9 knots, 1600 rpm's, twin Cummins, 250 HP ea. No issues

Last edited:
Glad it went so problem free.

Thanks, it's really nothing to all you experienced cruisers but for me, first run of the year after coming out storage for the winter...it's kinda big :thumb:

Thanks, it's really nothing to all you experienced cruisers but for me, first run of the year after coming out storage for the winter...it's kinda big :thumb:

First run of year is always something for those who aren't where they can boat year round. Hopefully it's the first of many. We've always boated year round, even when we lived in a cold climate. On the lake, our big moment was the first time we could get out without all the enclosure up and without winter coats.

image.jpg
[/url] [/IMG]

Portland sky line, love this area

image.jpg

A good rum drink in hand :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom