Electric Stove Snafu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Montenido

Vessel Name
Ansedonia
Vessel Make
Californian/Carver 52CPMY
Hi folks, I just returned from two weeks aboard Harmony down in La Paz, MX. I spent a week on the dock doing projects and installing the new name, with un-naming and renaming ceremonies, and lots of spirits.:D

This was to be my second trip out with my new-to-me boat, and so I am still learning the systems. The electric stove, which I am not crazy about to begin with, worked fine at the dock, but refused to work once we left the marina. As you can imagine, this complicated cooking quite a bit for 5 nights out. I managed to make rice, eggs, and everything else using a propane BBQ!

I tried to troubleshoot the problem, pulling out the stove, making new electrical connections, tracing wiring, etc., with no luck. When I returned to the marina I emailed the former owner about the stove to ask for suggestions. He said to check the stove lid switch, which won't allow the stove to operate when the cover is down. I jiggled the switch, which is actually fairly well hidden, and bingo, everything worked! :facepalm:

Just passing this along as it might save somebody some aggravation one of these days. BTW, the trip was a blast, we saw lots of whales and rays and dolphins, and caught fish.

Cheers, Bill

Thanks Bill! We have been trying to figure out why the oven of our Princess electric stopped working. Maybe I'll check it out. There's a great bunch of people on this site! Mike

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Bill had one of those on my last boat----your not the only one it fooled- Bruce

I too had same incidence on our little Princess. Luckily I had paper-page schematic aboard and solved the situation quickly. PM me if you want a copy... think I have it also in my computer folder.

Funny how often this has been coming up lately.

Glad it's working, I also have manuals for the Princess if anyone needs them.

Had the same problem on my new Princess about 18 months ago. Was able to figure it out but the first time we went to use the oven the light bulb exploded. I call the maker and after 3 months and many phone calls and emails I finally received a replacement bulb. Now for the bad news. Brunswick bought the company that makes the Princess stove and they have dropped the stove from their product line.

Had the same problem on my new Princess about 18 months ago. Was able to figure it out but the first time we went to use the oven the light bulb exploded. I call the maker and after 3 months and many phone calls and emails I finally received a replacement bulb. Now for the bad news. Brunswick bought the company that makes the Princess stove and they have dropped the stove from their product line.

Bummer!

How dare they drop a "Princess" - LOL

Can anybody post an exploded diagram or manual for a Seward Princess electric stove with oven? Got it apart now and trying to sort it out found a burned off wire connection so far. Want to check switches and put it all back together. Thanks

Can anybody post an exploded diagram or manual for a Seward Princess electric stove with oven? Got it apart now and trying to sort it out found a burned off wire connection so far. Want to check switches and put it all back together. Thanks

See PM - I'll send my Princess electric stove info to your email address.

The little princess stoves are simple, but becoming difficult to find replacement parts. The toggle switches and burner controls on the stove face are vulnerable to liquid spills on the burner top. I found a donor parts stove at a surplus marine store which solved my switch problem. Good idea to watch for a used stove and at least grab all the switches.

Hi folks,

I tried to troubleshoot the problem, pulling out the stove, making new electrical connections, tracing wiring, etc., with no luck. When I returned to the marina I emailed the former owner about the stove to ask for suggestions. He said to check the stove lid switch, which won't allow the stove to operate when the cover is down. I jiggled the switch, which is actually fairly well hidden, and bingo, everything worked! :facepalm:

Cheers, Bill

Big thanks to Art for the parts and wiring diagrams. Got'er back together and just cooked a pizza in the oven, perfect day on the St. Lawrence River! I replaced the burners and pans with 6 in. Standard from Canadian Tire and away we go! Btw, big praise for Spray Nine Marine! That stuff works so well!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom