RT firefly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Apache II
Vessel Make
1974 Donald Jones
What ever happened to him?

Do you think he is off cruising?

Do you think he was embarrassed by his official designation?

SD

*Maybe he has less tolerance for idiots and more willpower than some of us.

RickB wrote:

Maybe he has less tolerance for idiots

So I am responsible for running him off??? *
hmm.gif

I was wondering where Firefly was myself. *

Larry M wrote:

He did post within the last week.
That was a Feb 2008 post brought up on an old thread that found new life.*

Or perhaps he was embarrassed with being called out for a juvenile, RickB style outburst that added nothing to the conversation at hand.

According to the list of Firefly's posts, he last posted on Jan. 20.

I'd sure like to see him come back. We all have our moments here where we either can't stand what we're hearing, or don't like the dark place we went as a result, but I'd like to think we can all forgive and forget.

Carey wrote:

I'd sure like to see him come back. We all have our moments here where we either can't stand what we're hearing, or don't like the dark place we went as a result, but I'd like to think we can all forgive and forget.
Well said, Carey.* It would of course help if those who out of the blue lob stink bombs found some other venue for working through whatever issues they seek to work out in public.

RickB wrote:

*Maybe he has less tolerance for idiots and more willpower than some of us.
Yea, there's a standard Rickbee response. Added a lot.

The other thing that we all need to remember, although it's been said before, is the fact that the written word allows us to misrepresent what we intend to say, and on the other side, misunderstand the tone in which a statement is made. Generous use of emoticons and clarifying statements would be well worth the effort in maintaining our TF friendships.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Seriously RT, I miss your sense of humor and your input in all respects.

-- Edited by Carey on Wednesday 2nd of March 2011 08:25:40 PM

Yeah, out of the sewer comes Delphin and Keith with their cheap shots ... and I wondered why I came back.

Gotta give RTF credit for staying away from the likes of you two, he really does have more sense than I do.

Someone told me recently that they found it hard to believe I was as kind as I am to a few of the regular idiots here, now I am asking myself the same question ...

RickB wrote:

Yeah, out of the sewer comes Delphin and Keith with their cheap shots ... and I wondered why I came back.

Gotta give RTF credit for staying away from the likes of you two, he really does have more sense than I do.

Someone told me recently that they found it hard to believe I was as kind as I am to a few of the regular idiots here, now I am asking myself the same question ...
Shake it off Rick. I, for one would not want a vast emptiness where once you were.*
smile.gif
smile.gif

RickB wrote:

Maybe he has less tolerance for idiots and more willpower than some of us.

RickB wrote:

Hmmmmm.*

Did I miss the need to keep stirring the pot here? Maybe the Deep End would be more appropriate.

I think what RickB is trying to say is that he misses us and can't stay away. At least it seems that way if you try to read between the lines.
Rick
Your recent outburst was unnecessary.
We may be "Hobbiests" but this is an online forum.
We didn't ask you to come in hear and "teach us"

You are obviously very good at what you do. But we are not 5th graders. And if you can't respond in a way that is respectful- then don't respond.

I hope you stay- but you gotta do better.
Welcome back!
biggrin.gif

seriously guys, this is a great site- among the best in boating forums I've ever found and I am on a bunch. But saying that.....

I learned a long time ago in kindergarden, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. There is no need for personal attacks or name calling, no matter what someone says or does. It's just the internet!
cowboy.gif

There is just no need for attacks or names or belittling of others. That's just my two cents worth though.

In before lock!
biggrin.gif

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and thank goodness we live in a country where we are still free to express it. That being said, I do think it is wrong to call someone an idiot or an*imbecile, or any derogatory names. We do have a great forum here and I sure hope that we all keep on gleaning the knowledge of each other. Every one mentioned in this thread has probably*angered me at one time or another, but other times they have*enlightened me as well.

No...I'm not saying we should all gather in a circle and sing Kum By Ya, heck we can certainly disagree....but just keep it respectful.

I am hopeful that everything is ok with RT firely and that he joins in with us soon.

Gee you guys, it must have been a long cold winter over there, everyone's a little tetchy at the moment. Wait till you get some nice long hot days under your belt(plus a few cold beers) & you'll all be best friends again.

'Firefly' will return, much like Gen Macarthur, minus the pipe.

Ain't that the truth......?

And I'll stick with the other Aussies for F..ks sake get over it, its an information & fun forum where we can all share our knowledge or lack there of
have some fun and learn stuff and compare our eggs.
A guy likes nothing more than to talk about his boat or show it off.
Andy after we get some more rain we may get some warm weather before it cools of into the winter cruising season.
Doesn't matter it's always warm enough for a beer.
Peter how was the cruise on the big ship, hope you had fun.

Benn

The Pacific Sun was fantastic Benn. Great place to chill out, and I mean that in the nicest possible way, 'cause I don't like being really chilled...
Just can't wait for those parts to be installed so I can get out again in my own wee boat. I believe the parts are now definitely 'in transit'.
But yeah, RTF where are you? Are you ill perchance or away on a furlough maybe. Perhaps we're all worrying about nothing....?

skipperdude wrote:

What ever happened to him?

Do you think he is off cruising?

Do you think he was embarrassed by his official designation?

SD
He was on the site 3 days ago, just didn't post anything. If you go to the user list, it will tell you the last time a user logged in.

Ted

SD
What was his official designation?

shrimp wrote:

Gee you guys, it must have been a long cold winter over there, everyone's a little tetchy at the moment.
Cabin fever!

THE BLUEBIRD OF HAPPINESS ?

BLUE BIRD OF HAPPINESS, MY ASS!
It's Friggin' Freezing. *There's snow up my ass,
all the food's covered with 3 feet of this white ****,
and you want ME to sing?
What?? *Anne Murray's "Snowbird"? *Piss Off!!
Next year, I'm flyin' to Jamaica , and smokin dope!!

-- Edited by BaltimoreLurker on Thursday 3rd of March 2011 09:46:43 AM

-- Edited by BaltimoreLurker on Thursday 3rd of March 2011 09:48:11 AM

Attachments

• att0000111.jpg
    att0000111.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 72
Well it is good to see he is still lurking at least. And like everybody has said, I have learned from everybody on this forum. It is just a matter of tact where some are a little better than others. Just like in face to face conversation, tact is important. Anyway, Hopefully RTF will be back in action.

Forkliftt wrote:

SD
What was his official designation?
he was listed as a hall of fame. Or was it hall of shame.

Just a little goad there for you RT.

SD

charles wrote:

RickB wrote:

What is it about liberals that they just have to use pajorative terms in describing anyone who does not totally agree* with them?
Congenital defect, I guess.
Oh well, we can just revel in RT's absence and wait and hope for Rick to move on (pun intended) to a forum that does not raise his blood pressure.

Pleasantly yours,
CCC

It's comments like this that get old.* Whats the difference if you think Rick is a Liberal or not or for that matter what if he is.**Remarks such as these*and are at the core of what drives some of these folks away.

See I said that without calling*anyone any names.

-- Edited by skipperdude on Thursday 3rd of March 2011 12:36:01 PM

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom