Old 06-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #47
Mule
Guru

City: Fort Pierce
Vessel Name: Florita Ann
Vessel Model: 1982 Present
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
The surveyor noted that some areas of the bilge and stringers were unavailable for inspection due to obstructions from interior buildout.

The inability to inspect and maintain all areas of the interior hull of a steel boat without disassembling the interior seems like a design flaw. Do most steel vessels allow full, easy access to the interior of the hull for maintenance?
Victoria huh.. Fish Port Oconner and Aransas Pass? My old stomping ground. I realize the owner might not go for it but a hole in the hull and a lighted fiber optic probe could answer questions. Easy to close. Not to mention probes around or through the interior buildout. Perhaps you need a surveyor that was an ex DEA Agent. I hear that they find everything and anything everywhere.

Worse case, after proving a hull problem, cut out a plate and fix it. With the survey showing the defects she may go cheap, real cheap. Welding steel is a lot easier than fiberglass work. With the oil patch on its ass I bet there are quite a few tank, boat and garden variety welders laid off right now that would be thankful for some work.
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote