Portland to Friday harbor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Through this whole thread, people keep talking about going from Portland to Oly. Why not start from Longview, Wa.? you will miss at least three overpasses.

Possibly a great idea, I never thought about it since I have never traveled those waters. I just don't know of any marinas with a travellift in that area.

No that is not the boat.
The one I'm looking at is a few more boat bucks but better equipped!

Possibly a great idea, I never thought about it since I have never traveled those waters. I just don't know of any marinas with a travellift in that area.
There is a marina there, but I found out that there is not a travel lift in the area, so I guess Longview is out.

We will lift the boat on. But the trucking company will use a trailer that can just launch it in the water when we get there!:thumb:

We will lift the boat on. But the trucking company will use a trailer that can just launch it in the water when we get there!:thumb:

Nice. Where is there? ie where is there a ramp that will accommodate that? That sounds like a killer deal. What is the trucking company?

Learn all about the boat and systems before you truck it to the South Sound. Then do the trip to FH on your own. From Olympia to FH is a very simple endeavor if one has the basics of boating skills and spends some time learning before hand.

How is the vessel equipped with plotters and radar?

the only thing you have to remove from the flybridge is the windscreen for clearance. I have the same boat and it has been trucked from Anacortes to Idahoe and back. good luck

Just need to remove the windscreen. The company is Norgard Kirkpatrick. I had two Surveyors suggest them!

I came down the coast a couple of months ago from La Conner to Portland and we had a calm ride. Weather was great for that time of year. Many boaters make the trip from Portland. i think going with a captain or someone who knows the water is a must and knowing your boat and having all safety items on board a must as well.

If you need any help in Portland look me up. Happy to go measure or check in on your boat.

I came down the coast a couple of months ago from La Conner to Portland and we had a calm ride. Weather was great for that time of year. Many boaters make the trip from Portland. i think going with a captain or someone who knows the water is a must and knowing your boat and having all safety items on board a must as well.

If you need any help in Portland look me up. Happy to go measure or check in on your boat.

One post and a very helpful one. Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom