Do you stash a key?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really kinda pointless if you've ever spent 20 minutes seriously studying typical residential entry lock hardware.

Wifey B: Not something I'm going to spend 20 minutes studying. :)

Just teasing and while the pro doesn't need the key, maybe some might. My point was I still wouldn't publish that information in a forum. Oh, and our home, we don't use keys. :socool:

I've seen professional locksmiths do some incredible stuff so know the capabilities.

The secret to security is don't have stuff folks want to steal. It has worked out pretty well for me so far. :)

I locked myself out of my house the other day. It was cold, I was tired, and no one was around that has a key to my house. The kids have long since lost the spare key in a lock box on the outside. Then I remembered that my son was always forgetting his key and he always found a way to break into the house. So, it took me about 5 minutes to break into my own house.

BTW, my garage is never locked. I keep hoping someone will break in and steal all my kids crap that they left there.

The secret to security is don't have stuff folks want to steal. It has worked out pretty well for me so far. :)

I locked myself out of my house the other day. It was cold, I was tired, and no one was around that has a key to my house. The kids have long since lost the spare key in a lock box on the outside. Then I remembered that my son was always forgetting his key and he always found a way to break into the house. So, it took me about 5 minutes to break into my own house.

BTW, my garage is never locked. I keep hoping someone will break in and steal all my kids crap that they left there.

Doesn't necessarily stop them. When they broke into my car, I felt insulted that while they took two briefcases of useless (to them) old papers they didn't take my CD's. I did walk up in the middle and just credit it to they didn't have time rather than they thought I had bad tastes. They even left the tools they intended to use on the glove box (It was unlocked). Then when I was about 17, I left my car unlocked at church one Sunday morning. Nothing in it to steal. Well, there was one thing, a Bible. Someone stole it. Then I once had two bags of trash thrown in the backseat of a convertible. I step into a store, come out, all I can do is laugh. They were gone. Cancelled my need to go to the dumpster.

Our marina manager keeps a MASTER key in his office :)

fb40d833-38c6-4d88-b6ab-8ab1134d33f6.jpg

Mine is in the BBQ :rofl:

I keep mine in the Sheriff's Office patrol boat 2 slips away. ;)

Just kidding, but not about the SO boat 2 slips away, key in start switch and access is available to authorized folks.

I can get in if I forgot my key, not interested in discussing how.

We use a real estate door knob lockbox with a key in it that is hung on a railing. When needed at a marina for example we give them the code for the box. Have used the same lockbox for about five years now.

Back
Top Bottom