View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 08:47 AM   #10
Bruce B
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPseudonym View Post
Advertising (which is what all websites are) is designed to initiate a response. Look at the Google AdSense ads on this website. Click on a few and unless it's an E-marketing enterprise the website will be similar, just enough information to send you seeking more if your truly interested.

You "might" sell a new Carolla online(highly doubtful) but you definitely are not selling a Ferrari without a salesman. Helmsman trawlers is the only manufacturer I'm aware of that posts base prices online. Most companies have a website because they feel it is expected of them, not because it actually sells anything.
Have you shopped for a new boat lately? I have twice in my life and to suggest that an online presence is not important is beyond my understanding! Long before I speak to a salesman, I've begun researching my subject. When a company doesn't have a decent online presence, I begin searching forums...
That can't be controlled and in fact led us to look elsewhere in our current purchase.
I understand that a salesman closes a deal but you have to take advantage of the Internet before it takes advantage of you!
Bruce
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote