View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 10:04 PM   #44
bfloyd4445
Guru

City: coos bay
rating types

Just recieved an email from Greenline boats which included boat ratings that i thought may be of interest to you all..Now i wonder which tating applies to Hordhavn and KK vessels. My guess is B

Dear Britt,

Here is the explanation regarding the different categories of built boats:
A: OCEAN,
Designed for extended voyages where conditions may exceed wind force 8 (Beaufort scale) and significant wave heights of 4 m and above but excluding abnormal conditions, and vessels largely self-sufficient.
B: OFFSHORE,
Designed for offshore voyages where conditions up to, and including, wind force 8 and significant wave heights up to, and including, 4 m may be experienced.
C: INSHORE,
Designed for voyages in coastal waters, large bays, estuaries, lakes and rivers where conditions up to, and including, wind force 6 and significant wave heights up to, and including, 2 m may be experienced.
D: SHELTERED WATERS,
Designed for voyages on sheltered coastal waters, small bays, small lakes, rivers and canals when conditions up to, and including, wind force 4 and significant wave heights up to, and including, 0,3 m may be experienced, with occasional waves of 0,5 m maximum height, for example from passing vessels.