Good Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bilge53

Vessel Name
M/V Major Award
Vessel Make
Senator 35 w/single Lehman
Can anyone recommend a source for a reasonably priced radius-ed corner short queen mattress? The very least expensive we have found after Googling is $600+ which strikes me as unreasonable for a multi-density foam mattress.

Thanks,

DM

Try pricing TempurPedic, I think they'll make that look cheap. lol

Ted

For comparison, we've had 2 custom 100% latex mattresses made, $1,000 and $800. Ten year warranties.

A good nights sleep, priceless. :)

^^^Where'd you get yours made?
I saw a place listed in Marysville that specializes in RV and Marine mattresses.
My wife (OK, the Admiral) is most anxious to get a better mattress for our aft berth.
I'm sure it won't be cheap either, with the rounded corners at the back.

^^^Where'd you get yours made?
I saw a place listed in Marysville that specializes in RV and Marine mattresses.
My wife (OK, the Admiral) is most anxious to get a better mattress for our aft berth.
I'm sure it won't be cheap either, with the rounded corners at the back.

Any local family owned mattress company can do that for you.

Can anyone recommend a source for a reasonably priced radius-ed corner short queen mattress? The very least expensive we have found after Googling is $600+ which strikes me as unreasonable for a multi-density foam mattress.

Thanks,

DM

When we had our Senator, we got a 12" foam mattress at SAMs club, then cut the corners with a carving knife. Not perfect, but for 200.00-250.00, it was worth trying. And it worked out great!

You might also check out Mill Outlet Village up in New Bern. Our Raleigh store will custom cut other foam. Not sure about mattress sized though.

We had a custom mattress made for our V berth at the place in Marysville ( can't recall the name at the moment) the owners name is Nick. Great job and more comfy than our master stateroom bed. So I guess that we will be ordering one more.

Bill

I bought an inexpensive memory foam mattress, which actually only had about 2" of memory foam over regular foam. Then bought an Accu Cutter which is like a saber saw with 10 1/2" electric steak knife blades mounted on it. It has a flat base with rollers so you get perfect vertical cuts in your foam.

It took a queen size mattress to make the odd shaped full sized bow berth mattress, and my local upholstery shop sewed the mattress cover back over the custom shaped mattress for $60 using the same cloth and zippers off the old cover. It is excellent!

My "custom" sheets were sewn by my daughter "with love". They are pretty rough but the love makes up for it :) I will get a couple of custom sets sewn up one day...

That was my solution!

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks,

DM

Amazon. I got a nice firm foam queen size for under $300.

"multi-density foam mattress."

As most boat mattress simply lay on a slab of plywood , not a box spring setup , I have found the really heavy (latex?) foam is the best quality sleeping.

Buy one (they weigh a ton) and deliver it to an upholstery shop fit it to your template.

If you operate in winter be sure to ventilate both the plywood and the locker space below.

Or you may have frost under the mattress on the ply surface in cold weather.

Take a look at the Parklane Mattress. They have a 60" x 74" short queen that we had in an RV. Pretty comfortable, and it is innerspring; not soft foam. Around $400.00 as I recall. You can search it on Amazon. If you need more plush put a foam topper over.

Back
Top Bottom