Fuel transfer manifold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A couple weeks ago I had to go in the hospital for some heart surgery . I knew we were going to be away from the boat a few days so we shut off all thru hulls . We are usually at the boat almost everyday . When we went back to the boat after being away we noticed the power was off at the marina . The first thing I thought of was starting the genny and getting everything charged back up. Well you guessed it I totally ignored my big fat sign saying
"OPEN THRU HULLS FIRST " and fired up the genny . It didn't sound so good so I shut it off quick . Then saw my note on the dash :facepalm: . There was no need in getting in such a hurry . Luckily I didn't toast the impeller .

I hang a #6 signal flag from my pre-heat switch on the mains and on the genny. That's to remind me to always to "check my 6". If only I could remember what that means...:D

That would be great Ted. My Racor500 does not have the metal bowl. It has that plastic turn gizmo thingy at the bottom. Pain in the posterior and I swear the next time I open it I'll write on the assembly which way to turn.

In stressful situations (like the darn boat stopping for instance) I kept opening when I intended to close the thing. Easily remedied however an arrow would be smarter for me.

I like labels, even on the Obvious stuff.

I noted the 1/4" NPT sizing. This is not a front burner project however it is a wish list item for certain. And hopefully I've got all the water out of the starboard tank though I'm not counting on that.

This morning I ran the polishing system for a while -- nothing. I need weight aft in the starboard corner (where the pickup point is) so that's on the To Do list.

Thanks to you (and Steve's link) I know what's required. Now I need to see if it will fit with my setup.

Thanks again!
Hi Janice,

Below is a link to the part you need. The insert in your bowl should unscrew. This bushing replaces it and seals to the bowl with an oring. A washer will be needed to make up for the space of the metal bowl. The bottom of the bushing is threaded 1/4" FPT. The Racor drain valves are pricey. A suitable valve should be easy to find. You will want to assemble the bushing and the valve before screwing the bushing into the plastic bowel.

Racor Bowel Bushing.

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom