AC overheat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a big deal. Pull two 1/4"-20 screws and the screen slides out for easy cleaning.

Ted

I like to have a bronze tee above the thru hull with a NPTF plug straight above the thru hull and the hose splitting off at 90 degrees. The plug can be pulled to provide a straight shot for a dowel rod to punch out any growth without pulling the hose. No exterior strainer.

One easy trick to help out the acid treatment is to cut your pump ac cord and install a 110 ac outlet and add a plug on the pump side. Under normal conditions the pump is plugged into the outlet, which leads to the AC control box that cycles the pump when the thermostat fires up the air conditioner. When you need to service the system you unplug the pump, fill your strainer with barnacle buster, full strength. Open thru hull and plug your pump into an AC source for about 20 seconds then unplug and let sit for an hour or two. Make your hook ups regular and fire up your air conditioner. There, all done. Could add food coloring to the strainer with a lookout to tell ya when the water changes to know when to unplug.

I like to have a bronze tee above the thru hull with a NPTF plug straight above the thru hull and the hose splitting off at 90 degrees. The plug can be pulled to provide a straight shot for a dowel rod to punch out any growth without pulling the hose. No exterior strainer.

That's a good idea. My valve has a 90 to be able to clear an obstruction on it so I couldn't rig that up. I couldn't use my water hose method if I was anchored out obviously.

How often do y'all experience an AC intake clog? This is the first time it has happened to me in two years, and it happened twice in one night for some reason sitting in a marina. Maybe too much trash floating around maybe?

Back
Top Bottom