• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Wanted: Raymarine Joystick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

petdoc4u

Vessel Name
EXILE
Vessel Make
HANS CHRISTIAN TRAWLER
WANTED: would like to purchase a Raymarine joystick. I need both components. Please respond thru the forum or give me a call 650 704-0323.
Thank you.

Joystick

Complete system with joy stick mounted in sealed box on a stainless swivel arm. I will call on Monday with details.

Attachments

• Joystick1.jpg
    Joystick1.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 145
Received the joystick. Thank you. It looks barely used and I am impressed with your bracket engineering. Hope to install it soon.have a great summer and best of luck with your new Tiara.
Cheers,
-David

David ... makes a big difference when you can keep electronics out of the weather. Your install should be plugin and use with the SeaTalk interface. Hope your summer goes well.

Jim

Hi Jim,
Just going thru the install instructions and noticed a loose page which speeks of an independent ground wire. Do I need to wire that up or is the ground incorporated in the multiple wire cable which emerges from the white box. Thanks for your input.
-David

David ... I just installed with wiring as it exists between joystick and control box and plugged in Seatalk. Don't no why Raymarine called for separate ground.
Jim

hi jim,
Finally made it to the boat. Plugged in the joystick into seatalk. Turned on power steering in autopilot calibration menu. Cant get it to work. The wires coming out of the. Joystick (6) dosent correspond to the diagram (5). There appears to be a white wire combined with the red. Any ideas? My next attempt will be to skil seatalk daisychain and wire directly to the course computer. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
David

Engaging joystick

Do not change any of the wiring. Raymarine (Autohelm) was not good at documenting changes they implemented. The joystick wire, white connector, plugs into the extension wire that goes to the interface box. Interface box input, curved SeaTalk plug, goes into SeaTalk1 network and must have power on red wire. The button on the top of the joy stick, not well marked, turns the joystick on and off.

Jim

Jim.
Thanks for getting back to me. Ive tried several curved plug seatalk variations without success. I spoke with Raymarine. We could see that the joystick was connected to the network but RM had no explaination as to why it didnt work. I turned on power steering but still nothing. I was going to wire directly to course computer but it shows 4 wires input. Seatalk only gives me 3. What am i missing. Any further suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you
David

David ... As I remember the wiring ... I had the joystick powered directly from the course computer SeaTalk terminal. (S1G) This same SeaTalk wiring was also the connection for my upgraded P70R AP control head. If I was not using the AP, I did not want connected devices powered up. If you are on the MFD SeaTalk buss, that may be the issue. Just turning on power steer in the control head is step 1, you need to push the very top of the joystick ... activation button. That button turns on the joystick control or returns control to AP head.

Jim

I understand re the on off button. Do i understand that the ap control head and joystick were on one bus and the mfd depth speed and rudder angle for example were on a different buss? If so how do they communicate?
Connect directly JS to course computer didnt work.

David … I talked with the gentleman that bought the boat where I had the joystick installed. I had given him the navigation component wiring diagram I made up when I installed the system. I had him refresh my memory of the interface installation.

1) S1G – AP computer - powered by independent breaker switch – power to SeaTalk1 through internal fuse – (SeaTalk1 – connection 1) to (Seatalk1 3-way junction block) (SeaTalk1 – connection 2) to (3 position terminal strip)
2) P70R – AP control head – (SeaTalkNG / SeaTalk1 adapter cable) to (SeaTalk1 junction block)
3) Joystick interface module (SeaTalk1) to (SeaTalk1 3-way junction block)
4) C140W display – (SeaTalk1 – yellow & ground wire only) to (terminal strip)
5) DSM 300 depth – SeaTalk HS to C140W (port 1)
6) 4kw HD open array radar – SeaTalk HS to C140W (port 2)
7) rudder position sender – direct wire to S1G
8) KVH 1000 fluxgate heading sensor – (NMEA 0183 out) to (S1G NMEA in)
9) GPS is internal to C140W

The independent breaker switch also supplied power to the KVH heading sensor through a 3a inline fuse. My installation used SeaTalk1 – AP connection 1 exclusively for AP. All power was supplied through the AP. I used the AP SeaTalk1 - connection 2 to communicate with MFD and did not use the red power wire in this connection. I had no other SeaTalk devices installed. I do not know what impact another powered SeaTalk1 buss would have on communication priority between components.

As a side note: I purchased a AP smart controller, Raymarine’s remote wireless hand held. It comes with an interface module similar to the joystick one. I unplugged the joystick from the 3-way connector, plugged in the smart controller and had remote AP control but did not have access to depth or speed that should be available on the SeaTalk1 buss. I have the same data transfer issue with my new Evolution AP system and the wireless remote. Still working on it!!

I hope this gives you some insight as to where to look.

Jim

Thank you Jim. Thats a lot of info to digest. Interestingly i have a raymarine wireless remote. I will plug the joystick in, in its place and see what happens. If no go I will consult the local raymarine dealer and he can go from your notes. Thank you once again.
David

Hi Jim,
Long time no talk. Realized I never got back to you...sorry. The joystick is fully functional! I clipped the white wire and that resolved the problem. Who knows why your configuration wouldn't work for me. Hope your enjoying your boat.
-David

David ... Thanks for the update ... glad you got it resolved. :) I hope that you are also getting some "cruising time". I have managed about 250 hrs since early February and hope to get another 25 by years end. All inland for me.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom