Stupid Question - How to make fast an all chain rode?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eye bolts , may be for securing the anchors when under way so that they don't launch them selves or jump out of the roller.
Yes I would definately check the securing of the sampson post thru the deck and ensure that it has a substantial backing plate.

Benn

"why on earth did they put that giant cleat atop the body of the windlass if you couldn't attach a snubber to it? :)"

Probably so the unit could be used as a donkey winch.

Pulling on a dock line , hauling on an anchor crane, lifting the dink aboard.

Pretty sure the eye bolts are for chaining down the galley slave for the monthly exposure to sunshine. :)

Tony:

I have that windlass. I cleat my snubber to that cleat much of the time. If things are wild, unless I forget, I will move it to the hawse hole and giant deck cleat. I do that to take the strain off of the end of the bowsprit, as I think that is a weaker point than the windlass cleat.

FF wrote:

Probably so the unit could be used as a donkey winch.
Now this is a (steam) donkey:

232323232%7Ffp53432%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3238459446%3B5%3Anu0mrj

Is that what you will be mounting on the foredeck for anchor handeling?

Should not take more than a couple of hours to get steam up, and would make coffee too!

FF wrote:

Is that what you will be mounting on the foredeck for anchor handeling?
Thinking about it.* Here is a possible crane for launching and recovering the dinghy.

232323232%7Ffp73399%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3638%3B%3A8%3B%3A4336nu0mrj

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom