Old 05-20-2016, 03:09 PM   #10
refugio
Guru

City: Meydenbauer Bay Yacht Club
Vessel Name: Lulu (Refugio sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Greetings,
Ouch indeed. Well, if you note there doesn't appear to be any staining below any of the windows and ports, the brightwork isn't too bad, the ER seems fairly "honest" and the vessel is neat and tidy, I'd say go a bit easier on the sundowners there Mr. r. Those tennis balls could easily be a cheap cover to protect the upper shift and throttle knobs (good idea IMO).
I agree on the absence of staining - particularly for the doghouse over the forward cabin - a notoriously difficult area to secure - and at the base of the windshield. But I think we must have different standards regarding brightwork. On the main deck they appear to have slapped a fresh coat over lifted varnish - and on the boat deck I cannot spot a single surface that doesn't need to get completely back to bare wood.

And did you notice the additional cracks in the head? Look below the mirror, and behind the sink. And look at the deterioration of the two doors below the sink. There's obviously a big moisture problem in the head.

The engines are surprisingly tidy.

I can't say whether this is a good boat for the OP's intended use, but I really have the impression that it hasn't left the dock in years.