what's the boat of your dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A little less extravagant?

Well, my current "dreamboat" is perhaps a little more modest than some of you bigger dreamers!
I would be VERY happy with either of these two 35' designs by Jay Benford. In one sense, though, I am a bigger dreamer than you guys, because at least you can go out and buy a Nordhavn 62 (if you have the $!), but I can't seem to find any of these "little" Benfords on the market. Nobody is building them, so it looks like I would have to go to a custom builder? ..... $$$!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 86
Second one......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 84
I agree with the person who posted being very comfortable with a mid 40's size vessel. Those of you looking at 100 footers maybe trying to compensate for something??? :)

Wifey B: My hubby definitely isn't. :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

The :devil: Made me Do it.

Wifey B: My hubby definitely isn't. :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

The :devil: Made me Do it.

I was just thinking to myself, damn right i'm compensating for something....... Compensating for a small boat!:rofl::D

I was just thinking to myself, damn right i'm compensating for something....... Compensating for a small boat!:rofl::D

Wifey B: And compensating for lack of speed. :)

We're all dreaming. Everyone can do that. The one boat that always comes back to my dreams is:

Wifey B: And compensating for lack of speed. :)

We're all dreaming. Everyone can do that. The one boat that always comes back to my dreams is:

I can hear the theme track to Miami Vice while watching that vid! Was that Don Johnson running the boat?
Would love to captain that boat for just one day with a 2' chop running in the Straits of FL.

5392716_20150923111156873_1_XLARGE.jpgIf we gonna dream then this would be one on the list. you can fish out of this one too! 70' Hat....

I can hear the theme track to Miami Vice while watching that vid! Was that Don Johnson running the boat?
Would love to captain that boat for just one day with a 2' chop running in the Straits of FL.

Wifey B: Your key words are just one day. It would be a great play boat but a lousy cruising boat.

The boat of your dreams is the boat that you do not have to dream about.

It's the boat that you can buy today, and enjoy today because tomorrow is not promised to any of us.

I got a call the other day from a old friend from High School. Hadn't heard from him in over 20 years.

Mid 50's now, he called and asked when he could come see me in Alaska, Said Coming to Alaska and saying hi was on his bucket list.

He was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. Now it is stage 4, and he has just a few months left to live.

Buy your dream boat today, whatever size, whatever shape you can afford. Then go drive your boat, for you cannot count on tomorrow.

In your final days, the things you will look back on with fond memories will not be the views from your office window.

Last edited:
The boat of your dreams is the boat that you do not have to dream about....

Well stated. Our boat suits us perfectly, and it was meant to be. But I sure agree with Baker. I'm not like some of you that like to tinker all the time. I worry a lot about stuff, so a boat that didn't have issues and never will have issues would be my dream boat.

But if I did have a choice to have a no-worry-no-more boat...it would be an older KK48. I love the lines and we sure like those we've been on. But I'd need a crew to do the detailing twice a year.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

It's the boat that you can buy today, and enjoy today because tomorrow is not promised to any of us....

Buy your dream boat today, whatever size, whatever shape you can afford. Then go drive your boat, for you cannot count on tomorrow...

In your final days, the things you will look back on with fond memories will not be the views from your office window.

Well said. This inspired me to change my usual YW search criteria for once. I'm thinking maybe that perfect live aboard 40-45 footer that I'd have to sell my house to afford... may be a little too far off. Maybe something a little smaller and simpler, maybe something I might actually be able to afford BEFORE I retire...

I will never be able to afford some of the "boats" or rather yaghts that some of you have right now and are looking to upgrade to bigger, unless I win the lottery or somethin... Anyways, our goal when I retire from my 9-5 job is to have a decent trawler and do americas great loop all at once. Will be just my wife and myself, maybe a dog. That is why I am looking at the 40' range, not much bigger. I would like to cross over to the bahamas for a couple of weeks when we do this but I do not expect that we will do any true open ocean cruising.

I will never be able to afford some of the "boats" or rather yaghts that some of you have right now and are looking to upgrade to bigger, unless I win the lottery or somethin... Anyways, our goal when I retire from my 9-5 job is to have a decent trawler and do americas great loop all at once. Will be just my wife and myself, maybe a dog. That is why I am looking at the 40' range, not much bigger. I would like to cross over to the bahamas for a couple of weeks when we do this but I do not expect that we will do any true open ocean cruising.

I don't think just because a boat is mentioned in this thread it means the person mentioning it is looking to upgrade to it. They are dreams.

As to the loop and occasional trip to the Bahamas, something in the 40' range can accommodate that quite well. There are those who would discourage bigger.

The boat of my dreams is one that is small enough to afford but large enough for me to live on full time, after retiring and selling the house in Vegas.

Oh..... and one that comes with a Swedish Masseuse.

The boat of your dreams is the boat that you do not have to dream about.

It's the boat that you can buy today, and enjoy today because tomorrow is not promised to any of us.

I got a call the other day from a old friend from High School. Hadn't heard from him in over 20 years.

Mid 50's now, he called and asked when he could come see me in Alaska, Said Coming to Alaska and saying hi was on his bucket list.

He was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. Now it is stage 4, and he has just a few months left to live.

Buy your dream boat today, whatever size, whatever shape you can afford. Then go drive your boat, for you cannot count on tomorrow.

Yep, right on the mark.

I'm done. My next boat will be, God and health willing, in ~20 years and be a little runabout day boat.

Dreamin', huh. I do that a lot.
I would like a boat that excels at everything. A gunkholer you could take to Hawaii, that's also a motorsailer that never needs its engine, with large party decks but still looks really shippy with a clean shear and a canoe stern that also gets up on plane when showing off. With the big sportfishers in my rear view mirror, I would comfortably cruise the stormy, 50 foot seas sipping a michelob chatting with the Swedish Bikini Team.

Not one boat on all of Yachtworld fills the bill.
There's the rub.

I'd give a hundred dollars for one of those. :D

Don't know of a boat that measures up hull wise but I'd take a small Nordic Tug untill my dream hull comes to pass. Not crazy about the layout in the aft cabin on the NT 32 or 26.

So I should probably dream about cars. Had an XK140 Jaguar years ago ... I do and will dream about that car untill I'm gone.

Now that I think more about it, my dream boat is my next one.

It's still a dream because I can't seem to get the design completed with the shipyard, the economy (and job stability) here in Qatar is in the crapper, my wife refuses to let me sail it across the ocean from SE Asia back to Alabama and I refuse to ship it. Ugh... dreams suck!

My MT 34 is my dream, but sometimes, I have to wake up and get to work on my old boat.Currently floating, but still a lot of cosmetic work.

Back
Top Bottom