Getting a Trawler Boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richandtd

Thinking about a ROSBOROUGH RF-246 SEDAN CRUISER TRAWLER due to the fact it's self bailing and won't sink if filled with water at least from my research. But the Albin and others look to be well built. I spent 21 years active duty US Navy and have seen some really rough water conditions. A 27' trawler will probley be my max size since I plan on a trailer for her. And it will not be new. Looking for fuel economy and plan on blue water cruising. Anyway just started my homework on this new adventure.

Welcome aboard!

Take a look at the diesel engine Rosboroughs as well as the outboard powered ones.

The OBs are somewhat cheape, lighter and fit on a trailer better. But the fuel economy is significantly worse. But if you are trailering from launch to launch and only cruising a short distance, fuel economy won't matter.

Also maintenance is easier and you can always do a four bolt repower with an O/B.

David

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your search.

Ted

Those little Albins are cheap to run that's for sure.
I think they actually MAKE fuel.
Happy hunting

Welcome to the forum Richandtd,

Could we ask where you plan to be cruising? We have many summers of experience in trailer boats on the Inside Passage (WA, BC, SE Alaska). Happy to share.

Welcome to TF . Those are sweet boats you're looking at .

Welcome aboard. Those Rosboroughs are great boats!!!!

PM Jacquie (username Rossigal) for first hand information. She loves hers!

ANd if you are going that route, don't look past the TomCat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom