View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 12:10 PM   #44
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Wifey B: I give an A+but to Transas. Great system but way overkill if you're just doing short cruises.

I give an A to Furuno. It was my first, always worked fine, Very happy with it.

I give an Aqualified to MaxSea as I've used it for coastal cruising but never further.

I give an A+ to Garmin. I was like when we had to choose between Simrad, Raymarine and Garmin. Like Simrad autopilots but that's sort of all I knew about them. Knew some problems Sea Ray people were having with new Raymarine. Funny thing is we have Garmin on our RIB and it's always been good. Well, this boat we're on now is all Garmin. I love love love it. Plotters, monitors, antenna's, depth, temp, and speed gauges, autopilot, Sonar, VHF, Wifi Adapter. Only thing we have not Garmin is nightvision and it's FLIR but the integration is standard part of Garmin's system.

Sometimes it's just good to look fresh and new. Maybe a year from now I'll think Garmin sucks, but right now I really like it. I like new toys too and learning a new system has been fun.

I can't freaking believe I'm saying this but if I was doing a boat right now, I'd probably choose Garmin just like we have.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote