what's the boat of your dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
78 Fleming with the lot for us and like Peggie a piano but maybe a baby grand.

Brett

Dream boat ?
Would have to be a Palm Beach 65.
I don't want to know the price.

Attachments

• PalmBeach65.jpg
    PalmBeach65.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 49
  • med_141_mark.jpg
    med_141_mark.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 66
...but that's not a trawler.....this is trawler forum.....I'm confused!?

:)

This one ticks all the boxes, :D.
dream-time-florida-2013.jpg

bayliss-80_01.jpg

Hell I'd be happy with my current boat if it was perfect and it never ever EVER needed any maintenance and nothing ever EVER broke!!!!! Now THAT'S a dream that NO ONE could make come true!!!

If I had an unlimited budget, I mean like really unlimited, I would keep Bay Pelican and spend a totally silly 100/150K making slight improvements and to buy a bag of marshmellows.

Bay Pelican, after 17 years has everything I want/need. Could use a little updating and painting. Also a couple of systems could be replaced ahead of schedule. Otherwise she is good as is.

The marshmellows would be for the teak (exterior) bonfire I would have after updating the boat.

We're adults, we talk about you as though your not even here. Get used to it :):flowers:

Wifey B: Oliver is an adult :) Well, not legally, but practically. Y'all be nice to him now or he'll take your shoes. :D Just on record as saying Oliver is one of the coolest dudes on the forum.

Yeah, but your mechanic has to be 4'11" and a contortionist.

I'm not usually a huge sportfisherman fanboy, but that's stunning.

34 knot cruise in an 80' SF. Bayliss doesn't build many but the ones they build are nice. That's what the upper end of the SF market has gone to though, many small custom builders.

34 knot cruise in an 80' SF. Bayliss doesn't build many but the ones they build are nice. That's what the upper end of the SF market has gone to though, many small custom builders.

I have been 42 knots in a 74 foot Viking. We were ripping a hole in the water!!!

But yes, those Bayliss/Merritt/Buddy Davis boats are awfully pretty.

But with 5,200 HP worth of engines makes me think that 4,000 gallon fuel tank is not much more than a day tank.

But with 5,200 HP worth of engines makes me think that 4,000 gallon fuel tank is not much more than a day tank.

Yep, but you cover a lot of ground in little time. Maybe I'll have to add a N86 as a mothership/bunkering boat to the list....:D

Nordhavn 62... As long as i dont have to work 5 more years to buy one. the older ones are under $500k by now arnt they?

I also look out the side-eye at sailboats too... a well made 45-ish footer cruising cat set up for singlehanding would be dreamy.

I think we would have to go with a Dashew FPB for our around the world trip.

I agree with the person who posted being very comfortable with a mid 40's size vessel. Those of you looking at 100 footers maybe trying to compensate for something??? :)

Nordhavn 62... As long as i dont have to work 5 more years to buy one. the older ones are under $500k by now arnt they?

Ahhhh...nope. At one time, before my pension was gutted, the N62 was my dream boat. That was the goal. The goal has been lowered a bit but still have a some time to make some money. Anyway, to answer your question, no. You might see them in the as low as 7 or 800k but that is as low as I see them. Many are still over a million. I keep an eye on them.

When Nordhavn was just making it's splash around the turn of the century, I went to the Miami boat show. Nordhavn brought their entire line up(at the time...46-62 and all in between) and I was awfully impressed with the N50 of that era. So I keep my eyes on those too. Gotta be a flybridge model....which is rare but they are out there. So N50 is near the top of my "realistic" dream boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom