Baltimore surveyor needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Larry

Veteran Member
Greetings. I'm considering the purchase of a boat which is located in Baltimore. I need a good marine surveyor to do a prepurchase survey. I also need mechanic who can assess the condition of Detroit Diesel engines. I would appreciate your suggestions as to who I should use. Thanks!

Thanks Henry.

Thank you Henry. I've sent a request to Alan for a quote. I appreciate your quick reply.

Tom Hug of MR Power for the Detroits, if he still doing engine surveys. Outstanding, very articulate, and a good teacher too.

I would also recommend consulting Peter Hartoft of the eponymous firm in Annapolis for the hull survey, his late partner Gale Browning did my Hatteras for me along with Tom and was also outstanding, Peter too has a great reputation.
Last number for Tom I have is 410-274-7636
Hartoft: 800-438-2827

I'll second the recommendation for Peter Hartoft as he surveyed our vessel in Annapolis 3 years ago. Spot on with his survey and analysis of findings.
Have been cruising happily ever after since!

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

Boating Twig

Greetings. I'm considering the purchase of a boat which is located in Baltimore. I need a good marine surveyor to do a prepurchase survey. I also need mechanic who can assess the condition of Detroit Diesel engines. I would appreciate your suggestions as to who I should use. Thanks!

Cpt Larry,

I am using a surveyor tomorrow, 5-17, in Edgewater, Md on a Monk 36. Be happy to share my impression that night or later. ronterw@aol.com
816-898-6800

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom