View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 10:35 AM   #58
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Wifey B: Guilty....

Now, I'll tell you of what. To me, watches are jewelry which makes them fashion statements. As far as time, Chicago said it best:

Does anybody really know what time it is
I don't
Does anybody really care
Care
If so I can't imagine why

Ok, when I was a teacher I had to know all the time, but we had huge clocks in the rooms too.

Now back to fashion statements....so, I buy watches sort of like sunglasses. I have bunches, especially colorful bands, and I have faces like Fossil where one face can have 30 bands. Plus like Kate Spade. Then if I see one that's really unique, I fall for it. These are the ones I wear when cruising. I know to many of the guys here the whole color coordination thing is sort of baffling.

Then I have one that some fool man who loves me very much bought me and it's my date night, fancy place, opera, art showing, kind of dress up, fancy dress kind of watch. It's a Vintage Hamilton that the jeweler got from an estate sale and refurbished completely. Perhaps the background means as much to me as anything. It was owned by a stripper who never married, but touched the hearts of many people (in addition to perhaps touching them in other ways). She looked out for others, gave to anyone in need. She had a long time girl friend who died before her. She left everything to charity, most to abused women and children. I don't wear it cruising however, so superfluous to the question.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote