need gps for my ray e80 chartploter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silentfaith

i have older raymarine electronics e80 and c80. i think i want the c80 hooked to my ray radar and my e80 hooked to a gps antenna which i do not have. is there an aftermarket gps that will work? also, has anyone upgraded their electronics and have a gps that will work my e80 for sale? kindly,craig

i have older raymarine electronics e80 and c80. i think i want the c80 hooked to my ray radar and my e80 hooked to a gps antenna which i do not have. is there an aftermarket gps that will work? also, has anyone upgraded their electronics and have a gps that will work my e80 for sale? kindly,craig

Usually lots available on eBay

Is the other chartplotter hooked to a gps?

If it is, and redundancy on those units isn't necessary...you could always just NMEA data over to the other plotter.

Last edited:
Unfortunately you cannot network Raymarine Clasic e and c units together. I might have an old Raymarine 120 raystar unit in my storage unit. If I can put my hands on it you can have it for the cost of shipping.

thanks, no i do not have a gps at all. i have read the the 130 is compatable with the older e80 not sure if other units are. just seeing if there are older gps that have been removed when new electronics are changed out. have to keep my old stuff for my budjet.

Most new ones are complete gps and are putting out nmea position data so almost anyone doing that will work.

Many cheap gps will work just fine...no need to buy an expensive marine one...just import the NMEA data....unless you want a screw in one that's manufacturer compatible...then check ebay.

I just took a Raymarine GPS antenna off my E80/E120 setup that I'd sell really cheap.

Ken

You need either a RS120 or a RS125. The newer RS130 is a high speed data stream which would require a new Sea Talk high speed data adaptor. Remember that these GPS units have a small battery in them. When they stop working the battery is the first thing to replace

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom