Thread: First aid kit
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 08:23 AM   #22
choppywater
Veteran Member

City: Norfolk
Vessel Model: 48' duck
Sorry O C Diver.
They looked like a 50's or smaller when they went in. When we pulled them from the bottom they both had 40's.

Decorenm
It happened right after the morning dive. We were repacking our re breathers when they went in. They were in the water about an hour when the radio call went out asking for help. There family in the boat had no idea about any of there equipment or the time that they went into the water.
Some people searched the top side and a couple people were able to dive right away. They were not found till about 4 hours after they went in.

Any time your trained to do something besides drive a car somehow others think you should be in charge of every persons safety/life around you. You never hear about someone getting sued for not stopping a speeding car that hit a tree killing the driver a mile down the road. If you read the Scubaboards I'm sure you have read about where someone did something stupid killing them self and then the family sueing someone, because they had more training.

The last dive shop I was at there was a sing at the door saying that your not allowed to talk about diving in any way shape or forum when in there store. I watched them kick out a couple because they asked if there were any nice places to dive with in an hour of the store; they had around $500 worth of equipment at the register when they were walked out.

The counter suit is a joke. They had to sell there pinto of a boat to live on, they live in an apartment, and they drive a junker. Last time there was a running joke about the cost of our lawyers it was over 500,000 total and that was months ago.
choppywater is offline   Reply With Quote