UPS Just Delivered My New Boat Toy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Will walk down and mount it after dinner this evening! :D

Attachments

• P1017618.jpg
    P1017618.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 127
  • P1017619.JPG
    P1017619.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 133
I've had mine for a couple of years and love it. Replaced the old round one.

I like the Magma grills! They are not a "forever" grill but with a little common sense and care they are actually very reliable.
When we purchased ours, I called the company and asked why they sometimes got bad press. The person I spoke to warned me of two items that can be problematic with the grills.
First, they can generate a lot of heat! He said not to cook with the grill on high with the lid closed for any length of time as the extremely high heat can actually damage the stainless.
We close ours as needed but we keep an eye on temps...
Second piece of advice was that about 99% of the time that the grill has difficulty lighting the issue is a spider in the burner tube.
I filed that one away, not actually believing it until it happened to us...twice now!
It is easy to fix, just pull the burner tube and knock the spiders body out. Voila, instantly all better!
You heard it here first!
Bruce

not actually believing it until it happened to us...twice now!
It is easy to fix, just pull the burner tube and knock the spiders body out. Voila, instantly all better!
You heard it here first!
Bruce

That's one of those you think they're making up until you see in person. Years ago copy repairmen kept telling one of our distribution centers that the problem was their paper. They call me wanting to argue about it. I simply said then prove they're wrong, use the paper they say and call them back if the problem continues. End of problems.

You mean you're not cooking dinner on it tonight?

Are you kidding me - that's just for show. Ain't no grease getting on that beauty! :D

We dithered over buying it as we have the area for a built in "summer kitchen" on the fly bridge, which we think we may have done next winter. See photo below of the area on the right. There are lockers below plumbed for a fridge and gas tanks etc.

So we were going to get a table top Char-Broil for now, but eventually I said screw it. We bought a nice boat we need nice things to go with it. And anyway I am sure it will be easy enough to sell on if we look after it.

Attachments

• P1000055.jpg
    P1000055.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 105
Nice...what time's dinner? :whistling::D

That's too danged pretty to cook on. You'll get it all messed up cooking those steaks, spuds, corn, etc. Ah, to heck with the mess. Go for it!

If you haven't grilled on it yet, we're very disappointed. We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch and even passed a couple of hamburgers up to a lockmaster. He smelled us grilling and asked where his was and so we just asked what he wanted on it. He did ask if we had kraut for a hot dog and we said we were southern, chili instead.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom