Ocean Alexander 48 classic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spanishladyg

Veteran Member
Is there anyone on here with an OA 48 classic, we are looking at buying one, its a 2006. Just looking for inside information. Does anyone know of a site which would show the profile or more detailed information.

THAT is a drop dead gorgeous boat Walt if it's as represented! Wowzers! I actually think that's the first OA Classic I've seen.

Is there anyone on here with an OA 48 classic.
GordonJ bought a OA 456. The OA 48 is the same boat with a factory stretch of 3'. There were only 3 such boats produced and are refereed to as a 48 and a 456+3.

That boat, with those engines is a great combo.

Just be aware of the OA gelcoat issues of the day. Read up and talk to GordonJ.

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/ocean-alexander-gelcoat-issues-24967.html

Mods...this is a hidden post that I happen to stumble across. Maybe you can help the lady get more exposure by putting it in the General folder and getting rid of her other one there.

Last edited:
Nice un too Hawg

If my recollection is correct Selene is the lone production builder still offering a double cabin(tri-cabin to some) design. That's sad for the state of used boats going forward IMO.

Spanish lady. Contact me off line and i can tell you what i know.

Gordon

Nice un too Hawg

If my recollection is correct Selene is the lone production builder still offering a double cabin(tri-cabin to some) design. That's sad for the state of used boats going forward IMO.

I have the plans for a Nordhavn aft cabin based upon the N52. Seriously considered it as a new build a few years ago. Some aft cabins made once you get into the 60+ range, sometimes known as crew quarters.

The aft cabin itself (over the props) can be too noisy for sleeping on overnight trips with most twins unless you're throttled back to below hull speed. Our DF aft cabin has much less noise at 5 to 6 knots but is noisy at 8.

Of course then there is a forward berth, speaking of traveling noise :eek:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom