Old 05-12-2016, 12:38 PM   #20
sdowney717
Guru

City: Seaford Va on Poquoson River, VA
Vessel Name: Old Glory
Vessel Model: 1970 Egg Harbor 37 extended salon model
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPseudonym View Post
With all due respect its a piss poor mechanic that blames the tool. Practice makes perfect. Been using die grinders for precision work for well over 30 years. Sorry but those holes where not round because of the operator not the tool.
If you had ever cut gutter downspout holes, you would know they are definitely oval holes not round holes!
Every single oval hole I cut was almost perfect.
You never cut on the line, you start your cuts further back, then you cut up to the edge.
I had absolutely no defects, these hole were very good that I cut.
All I said was it was difficult to control the cutting, but see now, who cares about the piece being removed from the hole being cut.

What we had were preformed downspouts with a short section of gutter. like a foot.
I popped out the inserts and traced the pattern out onto the main aluminum gutter. Once the pattern is visible, then you start cutting out the oval hole.
This site is extremely tedious at the moment. maybe I can just give up on this thread.
Over and out gone, never to hear again on this thread from me, bye-bye, caput, sayonara.

Yup I have ported cast iron heads too, successfully. Fact is I have done very detailed work, most would not do themselves.
sdowney717 is offline   Reply With Quote