Little Dogger Overboard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Skipper baptised herself this morning. She didn't quite make it from the boat to the dock.

Fortunately she swims to me and came to the swim platform for retrieval. No, she was not wearing her life preserver. She's wearing it now -- well, whenever we leave the boat.

She doesn't float as high as she used to... just her head was out of the water.

It was scary for me a she fell four feet into the water. Seaweed is lower. She doesn't go under when she hits the water from my boat. This time from another boat she went completely under before resurfacing.

Later she would not willingly walk down the side deck to where she'd made her attempt /jump. That's a good thing. A bit of trepidation is a good thing. She's not very big though she thinks she's a Rottweiler at times.

Thanks Bluto... Skipper is my First Mate and Social Secretary.

At a certain point one realizes she is invisible. I suspect is was after fifty though perhaps forty was the cut-off. Without Skipper no one sees me. With her, well, folks talk to me.

I was particularly frightened when she splashed. There is a bull shark that lives under the boats here so I worried! The diver said it was "friendly" and he just shoves it aside to scrape.

Bull shark, splashing distressed dog... well, it could have been traumatic and ugly. I am fortunate this time.

And Skipper will be wearing her life preserver when she steps outside the boat.

She used to float higher when she was younger/less plump. She's up to five pounds according to the vet. I believe that has affected her ability to float.

Heck, if she's 'fat' she should float better. I'm a little fat and I have to work to sink.
I wouldn't want to scrape boats with a friendly bull shark around, I understand they are pretty mean in general.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom