View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 12:07 PM   #34
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
Well good luck with the fishing...let us know how it goes!!!
Wifey B: Caught one walleye and one bass. Touched neither one. It was fun. Our group is out in two boats. One we called the "pros" as they are true fishermen and then we are in the "amateur" boat. I'm sure the other boat will catch more than us. Plus they're staying out for the day. The four of us caught 9 total fish.

Too much fishing bores me, but I like a little. We fish maybe 3-4 times a year. We sailboat about the same.

Now back to the topic at hand, noise and slapping in the V berth.

The first time ever sleeping on a boat was sort of freaky to me. Forget the slapping and stuff, just the whole idea of sleeping with water right beside you, maybe even under it. I had this picture of it gushing in. Every little sound magnified it. Now I sleep far more on a boat than at home. All the sounds are just normal to me now, even the clanging sailboats.

Still by far the most fun place to sleep on a boat is on the flybridge. The moon, the stars, the seas. On anniversaries we've been known to have someone just take us out and drive us around all night as we staying on the bridge and celebrated. You look out on a perfect world and for that one night, everything else is gone. If there are any of you who have never spent a night on your bridge, or deck if you don't have a bridge, with the person you love, try it. You'll like it. And if your mate is no longer, it's not the same but share that beauty sometime with kids and grandkids. Wake up to the most beautiful sunrise that goes on forever. Use an inflatable or a lounge chair or anything to sleep on.

As to noise in the v berth think of what that sound represents, it's a lullaby being sung by the sea, the sea that goes forever, the sea that fulfills dreams. Let it sing and rock you to sleep.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote