New Membranes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Datenight

Guru
Vessel Name
Datenight
Vessel Make
North Pacific 45
Our trip from St. Raphael, France to Greece is going well despite a rough evening in Calvi, Corsica.

We tried the watermaker yesterday on the way from Galeria, Corsica to the region capital, Ajaccio. We ran the machine for four hours but the water still tasted somewhat salty. The age of the membranes and how they were put away is unknown.

I think the problem might br the membranes but do not know enough about them. Documentation on board is minimal in english and not much more in French. The brand is Dessalator (French) model D50. Any information or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob,

My experience with failed membranes is limited to two occasions , but in both the symptom was that they were blocked and fresh-water production was greatly reduced. You are getting salt water in the product. Is it possible that the O-rings that seal the membranes in the fiberglass tubes are leaking?

My suggestion is that everyone who has a watermaker should have a manual salinity tester and not rely just on the automatic one on the watermaker.

I agree Marty. Eamonn will be getting one for Christmas!

Mike, we will inspect the o rings. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rob

Our trip from St. Raphael, France to Greece is going well despite a rough evening in Calvi, Corsica.

We tried the watermaker yesterday on the way from Galeria, Corsica to the region capital, Ajaccio. We ran the machine for four hours but the water still tasted somewhat salty. The age of the membranes and how they were put away is unknown.

I think the problem might br the membranes but do not know enough about them. Documentation on board is minimal in english and not much more in French. The brand is Dessalator (French) model D50. Any information or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Rob

You lucky Corsica is wonderful hope you doing Sardegna after :thumb:

ok well did you get the 800PSI on membrane ?
did you rich the correct production flow according with you model of watermaker, for sure if you have more production you have tear membrane of dread O-ring.

any problem call Fix from Compagnie Hydrotechnique located in France but Fix speck English and know all watermaker like nobody is cell phone 06 07 08 24 55 call from Hugues he will help you to solve your problem and send you part is you need it.

he's really the leader of water make but also a super guy.

Hugues :socool:

Hello Rob,

did you solve your problem? :thumb:

Hugues

You lucky Corsica is wonderful hope you doing Sardegna after :thumb:

Hugues and BandB

Thanks for the information. B., we have a manual but the english version will be much easier for me to use. Saturday will be our troubleshooting day after we arrive in Sicily.

Hugues we had every intention of doing several stops in Sardina but never set foot on shore! We sailed from Bonnifacio, Corsica to Porto Brandinchi, Italy a week ago Thursday. Our plan was to make several stops along the coast before jumping off for Ustica and the Aeolian Islands.

However, the weather report for Sunday looked terrible so we left the next morning for Ustica a 206 nautical mile trip. It was only 28 miles longer than leaving from the south of Sardina. Next time we will spend several weeks there.

To follow the adventures of our trip see the link St. Raphael, France to Prevesa, Greece in Boaters on the Go.

Sorry for the book. Will update on the watermaker when I have more.

Rob

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom