Fuel crossover line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbwire

Have a 2006 Mainship 43 foot with twin 440 engines, does anyone know were the crossover fuel line and shut off value is located. Ran out of gas on port engine and couldn't figure out how to switch over so both engines would run off same tank.

THanks for help

FWIW, our boat was built by a sister company to Mainship... and there is no cross-over on ours. Port engine runs on the port tank, starboard on starboard, period. Possibly (just guessing) because it simplifies the return path from each engine to each tank.

We do have a selection valve for the genset, so we can choose to run that on either tank...

Not sure if any of that will apply to yours, but there were often common engineering concepts and common systems in the related brands.

-Chris

FWIW, our boat was built by a sister company to Mainship... and there is no cross-over on ours. Port engine runs on the port tank, starboard on starboard, period. Possibly (just guessing) because it simplifies the return path from each engine to each tank.

We do have a selection valve for the genset, so we can choose to run that on either tank...

Not sure if any of that will apply to yours, but there were often common engineering concepts and common systems in the related brands.

-Chris

Does the genset return fuel to the tank?
If it does, I would like to see how they did that.

Does the genset return fuel to the tank?
If it does, I would like to see how they did that.

Hmmm... To tell the truth, I never thought about it. Just assumed so, but don't really know...

Presumably it'd only be a very small amount...

-Chris

Have a 2006 Mainship 43 foot with twin 440 engines, does anyone know were the crossover fuel line and shut off value is located. Ran out of gas on port engine and couldn't figure out how to switch over so both engines would run off same tank.

THanks for help

The manual for our 2003 430 with Yanmar 370's shows the cross-over at the bottom front of the tanks. However, I'm sure I saw it at the bottom rear of the tanks. I won't be at the boat until Tuesday. I will double check then.

THanks for help
I would think an inspection of the tanks and fuel lines would find the shutoffs and possible crossover lines and valves.

I have a single engine diesel with two fuel tanks but all my lines and valves are pretty obvious.

Once you figure it out, you might want to label everything so you will know the next time you have a problem.

Sorry for the delay. Opening day of boating season in Seattle got in the way. The crossovers on our boat are on the lower back corner of the fuel tanks, just outboard from the transmissions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom