Kemah, Florida and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's very cool-- love the beer drinking patio.

You definitely have the nicest boat there!

That's very cool-- love the beer drinking patio.

You definitely have the nicest boat there!

The first marina I have been to where I was the biggest boat there :)

That place looks so friggin' cool!! Definitely my kinda place! Lotsa character!!!

We have been having occasional but strong storms along the Northern Gulf Coast for the last couple of weeks Biloxi is catching it right now, keep a close watch on the WX.

We have been having occasional but strong storms along the Northern Gulf Coast for the last couple of weeks Biloxi is catching it right now, keep a close watch on the WX.

I was just looking at it with MyRadar on my iPad. It seems to be head toward the Big Bend.

Thanks guys. Tomorrow (Friday) is looking good for the crossing. This morning we had thick fog until about 8:30...

A few shots of Steinhatchee. This has got to be the best stopover for those not wanting to do a night crossing to/from Carrabelle. The pool and showers are all part of the $1.00/ft and they even have little chalets if you wanted a break from the boat or had family and friends visiting.

Glad you posted that. I wasnt looking forward to doing an overnight by myself. any guess as to the depth on approach and at the docks?

Last edited:
BLUE
Take care and good luck on the crossing-Weather has been screwed up on the northern gulf coast. Look for a good window, if possible (forecast are not to accurate right now).

Last edited:
Well, the crossing was...well kinda boring. Long southerly swells on the beam made it hard not to doze off! So here is a picture or two of Dog Island. A shrimper was there when we arrived but went back out long before dark. One other trawler cam in just before dark but as there is room for 100's of boats, not sure even what make.

Attachments

• IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0981.jpg
    IMG_0981.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 71
Glad your weather layed down a little..........Hope to see you at Spring Fling! Just registered.

A boring crossing, the best kind!
Glad to hear it went well, we had a rough line of T'storms go through here this afternoon.

Hopefully we have a boring crossing too. Plan to make the same crossing in a week or so from Clearwater to Dog Island on our way back home. That same crossing on the way down was rough but not as bad as the crossing to Key west. Five footers on the beam made for a long trip. Blue have a great rest of your trip.

Thanks Roger! You have a safe trip too!

Today was a long one (115 miles) but we are safely tied up at a friends house in Pensacola. We plan on staying 5 to 7 days before continuing so I will have plenty of time to post photos'

Right now it's shower and bed!!

The erosion from speeding boats through these narrow sections is sad to see and will be expensive to repair!
IMG_0991.jpg
These 2 guys were camped out with their backpacks and Kayaks, headed to SW Florida. That's all we could gleam from the short conversation we had as we went by. You have to admire people like this.
IMG_1022.jpg
There were narrow sections on the way to Pensacola.....
IMG_1032.jpg
and there were really wide sections that can get real choppy
IMG_1013.jpg
If you'all having half as much fun as we are on this trip, you are doing good!

Pensacola Bay...I wonder how many Detroits it takes to compete with this.....
IMG_1049.jpg
Baobab, snug as a bug in a rug. Tied up at a friends house in Chico Bayou
IMG_1050.jpg
Not sure what this is but plan on kayaking over to find out.
IMG_1045.jpg

Blue, not Chico Bayou. It's Bayou Chico.:)

Heck, Blue Bayou, Chico Bayou, it's all so confusing.....! :)

Looks fun, Blue..........One of these days!

Auh to cruise in clear water.
If you keep making friends alongthe way you may never have to rent a slip!:rofl:

We are truly blessed Doug!! The other 'salty' boat is just pulling into Ingrams Bayou in Alabama.

I don't know if I want to bring my wife along to meet you at the camp. She might see your boat and then I'd have to explain (lie) why I got the boat that I have. She's going to see yours and probably screw her nose up at mine.lol:banghead:
Oh well, its only $$$$$$.
P.S. I did not mean to insenuate that your 4788 wasn't salty. I love the layout, but I just love that Jarvis Newman.

LOL, I didn't want to publicly name the other boat but knew if I said "salty" you would know what I was talking about. However, the Rhino is now running it's own thread so all is good!

I will hide the boat as long as we get to meet your wife lol. Our plan is leave for Alabama Friday and Gulfport Ms Saturday (weather permitting).

We are truly blessed Doug!! The other 'salty' boat is just pulling into Ingrams Bayou in Alabama.

Ingram Bayou, one of our favorite anchorages!

Attachments

• Misty Ingram Bayou.jpg
    Misty Ingram Bayou.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 62
Yeah I'm not letting my wife meet Blue either. Better boat. Better accent.

?

Yeah I'm not letting my wife meet Blue either. Better boat. Better accent.

?
He does talk funny(I love it), but so do I. A true African American.:socool:

So, we sit in Gulfport waiting on a new water pump. Bit the bullet and booked in for a week. This will coincide, hopefully, with the reopening of the Harvey lock on the 13th.

And some pictures....

Michelle (now named the "Provider") goes fishing! We had a small fish finger for diner :)

IMG_1058.jpg

Buzzed by Baker?

IMG_1065.jpg

Anchored out in Wolf's Bay, Alabama. Good jump off point to Biloxi/Gulfport

IMG_1070.jpg

Departing Wolf's Bay in the morning, disturbing the otherwise pond like surface

IMG_1074.jpg

Unknown fellow cruiser crossing Biloxi Bay

IMG_1076.jpg

I'm pretty sure I have seen that boat in that area before, the "booms" reminded me, it looks like he is rigged for some sort of stabilizer.
Give me a shout if it looks like you'll be stopping in Houma.

going to have to get bigger hooks:)

We are in Houma Louisiana!! What a day. We were at the Industrial lock at 06:00 and pulled into Houma Municipal Marina, 61 miles later, at 19:00! We waited at the entrance to Algiers lock for 4 hours!!! No ties and not allowed to anchor, so had to sit and bumo gears the whole time.

I thought about waiting for Harvey locks to reopen but it keeps getting delayed and couldn't run the risk of being late for Spring Fling!

Anyway, plan on waiting out this crappy weather forecast over at Suzies Bar and Grill lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom