Thread: Refrigerators
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 01:26 PM   #43
FlyWright
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Due to my cutout dimensions (33" x 23 5/8") I'm leaning toward the Nova Kool R5810 to minimize cabinet mods. My current Norcold is 3.1 Cu Ft and the Nova Kool is 5.8 Cu Ft...87% bigger. Looking at the Vitrifrigo (4.2 cu ft) and Isotherm (4.6 cu ft) choices, they both appear too narrow and short for a good fit with the flush mount flange.

My Norcold had front ventilation, but these Danfoss models require cabinet venting. I currently have no vents and will need a trip to the boat this week to evaluate my options. Has anyone else here dealt with adding vents to existing cabinetry? I'm looking for suitable sources for a 30 sq inch vent to go through the countertop along the backsplash.

(old picture)

I'm also considering lining the top, bottom and sides in 3/4-1 in thick foil-lined Styrofoam sheets. I have the room and figure it'll improve the cold retention. Of course I'll discuss this with Nova Kool but thought I'd bounce it by you guys first since some surely have already traveled down this road before me.

Thanks for any advice.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote