Great article in Passagemaker magazine (May/June 2016)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

REAL MOUNTIE

Vessel Name
REAL MOUNTIE
Vessel Make
1986 PILGRIM 40 HULL No 28
There is an outstanding article about Dave and Bobbi FORSMAN, PILGRIM 40 owners "Liberty" https://pilgrimliberty.wordpress.com/

in the new Passagemaker magazine (May/June 2016).

It is a great Tribute to be in the top shelf magazine!

We admire their excellent and hard work. We are so honored to have Bobbi and Dave as our Ambassadors of those magnificent PILGRIMS.

Their engagement, skills and contributions to the boating community are laudable.

We are so proud to be PILGRIM owner and member of this Group!
Kudos!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I read the article and showed the photo to my wife. That's a boat I would be proud to own and run.

The "blog" is interesting but it has the same problem as all the other blogs. It reads "backwards". To follow a trip, you have to go back to the first post, read it, then go to the next post and read it, and so on. It would be so much easier if they could be arranged in chronological order.

I totally agree, a real pain if you want to follow the story.

Thank WordPress. Not sure you can control chronology of posts.

I am quite impressed with his professional career accomplishment, Dave was Senior Lecturer in Engineering at at Penn State Erie, The Behrend College.

Dave got his B.S. in Engineering Technology from the Pennsylvania State University and his M.E. in Manufacturing Systems Engineering from SUNY at Buffalo.

He has been involved with engineering computer analysis since 1974. He has extensive experience in teaching Computer Graphics, Programming, CAD, and Rapid Prototyping.

FORSMAN Home page (on psu.edu)

Mostly, I am quite inspired with his problem analysis during his Pilgrim 40 maintenance and upgrade projects:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/d/r/drf6/Liberty_Project_1/LIBERTY_Project_Page.htm

Other members and I have benefited from learned advices and he certainly won my admiration for his engagement to the Pilgrim community.

Last edited:
Blogs are great if you just want to see what people are doing today or where they are today. For following a story there should be a way to reverse the order if only for the person reading it.

I post a "blog" every day on Facebook for a special group of people and I'll often post photos as well.

I write the blog in Microsoft Word and copy and paste each day's activities to Facebook. At the end of the cruise I have all the text in MS Word in the correct order with the date at the top. I'll go through and insert photos and captions and make any corrections, format it in two columns per page double sided, convert it to PDF and post it on a website. I can also print it as a book or (at $1 per page for color) take it to Staples and have a nice book printed.

I think WesK idea of posting his blog on Facebook has its merits since the worlds largest social network is certainly courting bloggers. Thank you for sharing WesK !

Kind regards, Normand

I totally agree, a real pain if you want to follow the story.

It is a bit of an issue, but the idea is if you have been following the blog, the top entry is the most recent, so it saves you scrolling all the way through old posts to get to the latest ones. Forum entries are the same after all. What would be good, and some forums I frequent have this, is if the software had the option to flip from last to first to first to last. Ie Oldest on top, or most recent on top.

I use a blog site for my business web site and it is great. It's always up to date, intersted people can read about the current job and then work their way to the first job i've ever done. Also it's easy to post to and I think the search engines give it a lift because of it being a blog.

Thank WordPress. Not sure you can control chronology of posts.

Actually I think most blogs are read soon after posting, thus it may be inconvenient the first time to catch up, but thereafter it's nice to see the current one on top.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom