Lake Arthur, LA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobH

Guru
Vessel Name
Encore
Vessel Make
Whitby 42
Planning to head from Kemah to Lake Charles in a week or so and then continue on for bit. Saw a reference to Lake Arthur city docks on another thread. We have anchored in the oxbow on the Mermentau river before with our sailboat. There is very limited info about the Lake Arthur city docks on AC, only reviews were back on 2012.

Anyone have any local knowledge they could provide? This is going to be a test run with our almost new to us boat to see if we are ready to plan some long distance cruising in a power boat. We've done the Virgin Islands and Maine in our sailboat but I'm still having trouble with the concept of being totally reliant on diesel.

Thanks,

Bob

Dimer can give you the info you are looking for. We are doing Spring Fling in a few weeks. We are leaving a week early and are planning to go to Lake Arthur because of his recommendation. I think they had a really good time there.... Anyway, he is your guy for this info...

I am not talking.....next thing is I won't be able to get dock space there! Blew a water pump today on the way to Gulfport Ms but when I get it fixed, I will be headed that way, Save me a spot!

I live in lake Charles, and have been to lake Arthur several times. City docks are available but are somewhat primitive. There is no water and limited power. Once in the lake stay tight to the markers. Feel free to contact me if you need more information.

Dean

Bigfoot you are right, This is rural La at it's best (otherwise you would have not been there several times ). I use a 50 and a 30 amp plugin and was fine. Water is not dockside but we ran a hose to the park faucet and filled the tanks. Had spare parts sent to the city hall who then dropped them at the boat!

All three bars are within walking distance and the restaurant next to the dock is pretty dang good.

Nicer people cannot be found. We love it there. Just don't turn until the docks are 90 degrees to the channel.

Back
Top Bottom