Volvo TAMD40B - looking for specifications and data

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenhead

Hi all,

Am new to the forum so g'day to everyone.

I am looking for any information (manual, specifications etc.) that might exist out there. If anyone knows where I can find data on this engine, I would love to hear from you?

Many thanks

Last edited:
Thanks Keith, I tried that site but found it a bit difficult to access the info and upgrade. I will persist.

If you have any other ideas specifically weight details, let me know.

Thanks a lot.

google Volvo TAMD40B Manuals. I found downloadable pfd files for mine.

Thanks a lot.

My manual says 925 lbs (420 kg) without transmission if that helps..

Used Volvo manuals show up on eBay from time to time. If you are patient you can probably collect all of them (as I did for my TMD100A).

Keith

Data Sheet Attached

Let's see if this works. Never tried attaching a pdf file before. The data sheet for the Volvo TAMD 40B I downloaded from boatdiesel is attached (I hope).

Edit: It posted fine. I note that this is a 165 hp version. I also seem to recall that it came in a 200 hp version.

David

Attachments

• Volvo TAMD 40B.PDF
    683.8 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:
The data sheet for the Volvo TAMD 40B I downloaded from boatdiesel is attached.

That worked perfectly! I also see the boatdiesel watermark and your download metainfo. Which makes me wonder what the copyright is. Guessing it might be copyrighted by Volvo but that's not shown.

Keith

Tamd 40 is 3.4liter glow plug engine like 130-165hp. Tamd 41, 42, etc are direct injection, not glow plug, same displacement, similar block, rated 200hp up to like 240??
TAMD: turbo aftercooled marine diesel

Thanks a lot for that dj and for all of your input. Really helpful. I'm installing the full package into a Raymond hunt design very similar to the Bertram 20'. An Australian boat called a huntsman.

Really hoping the weight will be suitable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom