Tellico Lake (Knox.Tn) to NW Alabama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tony B

Guru
Vessel Name
Serenity
Vessel Make
Mainship 36 Dual Cabin -1986
Got a really late start this year. Between arm injury, family obligations etc. we are now ready to roll.
We are now on standby waiting on weather on Tellico Lake. Had a wonderful time up here. Smoky Mtn National Park has become an addiction and the marina is terrific. Like all good things, its time to go.
Since we will be getting a late start and future family stuff, this year will not be an ambitious one. WE will be heading downstream 3 days to Chattanooga, Tn. Spend 2 days there and then travel 2 more days downstream to Goose Pond Colony in Scottsboro, Al. Will probably spend a month there to get some engine work done with a friend of mine whom I met last year. After that we will be heading downstream again for another 2 days to Joe Wheeler State Park where we spent Summer of 2014 to spring of 2015. We loved it there and are able to get a covered slip again.

Next year promises to be a big travel year if we can get everything done.

Anyway, tomorrow morning will be fog and rain for a few hours and we will leave in it if it's not too bad. Otherwise, there is always Wednesday.

It would be nice to meet some members on here along the way.
Send e-mail to sailortonyb@yahoo.com and I will send my cell number.
I will also be checking for PM's on here. So far I have met several great people on this forum and hope to meet more.

Where are you going to winter this year Tony? Joe Wheeler again?

Funny, we were in Vonore today. Looks like we will be heading north for the summer spending it in Tellico Lake.

Good hearing from you again Tony.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Where are you going to winter this year Tony? Joe Wheeler again?

Yes, I already reserved a slip there. Getting too late a start to head further downriver to KY lake this year. That will be next years trip if we dont go to the coast and Cuba first. If we are in Fl, we might as well do the loop. all of that will be reserved for 2017.
Hope we get to meet up.

Tony B

Funny, we were in Vonore today. Looks like we will be heading north for the summer spending it in Tellico Lake.

Soooooooo close and yet so far away.
I would highly recommend Tellico Marina. Nice secluded place, clean and well cared for. We are the furthest upriver marina on Tellico Lake. theer is another nice marina about a mile or 2 before us but I know the residents complain of wakes all the time.
This is a great area. About an hour or so from Smoky Mtn Ntl park - totally awesome.
Sorry we missed you

Tony B

Good hearing from you again Tony.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Thanks..
Good to be back. I just got tied up with so many other things. Sometimes it's good to take a sabbatical from a forum every once in a while.
And now it's like brand new again

Regards

Tony B

WE Finally left Tellico Lake

We finally left this morning - Tues. May 3, 2016.
Had a nice calm trip down to Kingston and docked in 18+ cross winds. Fortunately, I didn't make too much of a scene. No dead, no injured and no damage to property... And I'm stickin' to that story.
Anyway, we should make Chattanooga by early afternoon on Thurs. provided no comm'l traffic through the locks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom