New Member wanting to learn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnnycat

Thanks for allowing me into the forum!

I don't have a trawler (or any vessel) yet but want to learn.

I'll just hang out now.

Thanks!

What are your aspirations?

Welcome to the TF neighbor . You are just down the road from me .

Welcome aboard, where do you live?

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa
Sent from my iPhone, using Trawler Forum

Thanks for the warm welcome!

No huge boating experience yet - unless you count working at a river marina in high school. At least I learned how to wash houseboats, so there is that skill. I realize that I have a lot to learn. Fortunately I also have time.

The goal is to retire in 10-12 years and live on a boat. I always thought of myself as a sailboat guy, but then I learned more about trawlers and feel that would be more our speed at this point in life. Plus, the larger living area would be easier on the missus.

So...I don't know enough to even ask questions at this point. That's why I plan to hang out in the background and read.

Thanks!
JBA

Welcome

You have come to the best place to learn and share experiences about trawlers. Enjoy your journey!

John T.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

No huge boating experience yet - unless you count working at a river marina in high school. At least I learned how to wash houseboats, so there is that skill. I realize that I have a lot to learn. Fortunately I also have time.

The goal is to retire in 10-12 years and live on a boat. I always thought of myself as a sailboat guy, but then I learned more about trawlers and feel that would be more our speed at this point in life. Plus, the larger living area would be easier on the missus.

So...I don't know enough to even ask questions at this point. That's why I plan to hang out in the background and read.

Thanks!
JBA
Welcome to the forum. I was a sailor for 15 years but when it comes to living aboard I have to say that trawlers are far more comfortable. Like you I am still about 10-12 years from retirement, but I'm already living aboard and loving it.

If you want to use your boat for more than a home then the whole forum (I speak for all of them!) suggests you take the opportunity to get out on as many different vessels as you can to learn more about your needs and wants.

Good luck!

Richard

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom