Old 04-29-2016, 07:07 PM   #57
FlyWright
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary View Post
Age plays a roll. At least for me. In the past mountaineering, racing sailboats were my passions. Snow cave, igloos, bevi sacks , lumpy sail mattresses. At 73 my pillow top inerspring mattress, air conditioning and heat are more important. I've spent enough time in a cold cockpit. I want my heated pilot house, sometimes at night I'll go up on the flybridge and stand watch, just to remember how cold it can get, doesn't take long, back to the warmth like a moth to light. I actually slept in a tent last year, on the ground, below freezing, my lady actually stayed warm, thanks to the 8" loft of a good down bag. After that trip I gave most of my gear to my 27 year old daughter, she's in her hey day. Me I'm back on that nice mattress.
LOL! I used to tent camp, then car camp, then I discovered RVs. Next, I discovered the floating RVs that we call trawlers. I ain't going back! If I ever buy a boat where I have to pump water to drink or flush a toilet, I'm upgrading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by menzies View Post
Younger with children, roughing it in both scenarios.

Older now and mostly just the two of us with friends, dinner cruises, longer overnighters... we want more comforts, and zero camping.

For example the Bose Lifestyle system went out last weekend. I just ordered a replacement a few minutes ago!! Can't go without Barefoot Man!
So true! My 'lil 34 LRC Californian might not be much, but she's comfortable and versatile. If my Sony/Bose stereo died today, I'd be ordering an Amazon replacement tomorrow so that in 3 days, I'd have the new system installed.

Music matters!!
FlyWright is online now   Reply With Quote