View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 01:02 PM   #14
Hawgwash
Guru

City: Sidney
If I can go back to my original post for a minute and touch on my boat show broker comments.

I get that they have a marina office that needs to be kept open during the show and that they may have limited staff to present the dozen or so boats at the show. I also get that the overwhelming number of people at the show are either there for the entertainment or to get ideas and free advice for their own boat.

It would be so easy to crash course the novice or borrowed brokers enough to show the boat, admit the lack of knowledge and why, then make every effort to get the real broker involved with the real buyers.

To invite ones neighbourhood landscaper to put on a blue shirt and be broker for a day, helps no one.

I talked at length with 4 brokers, one for nearly an hour. All were the consummate professionals with many reasons why they are 20 and 30 year veterans. Even the guy on Mr. Fleming's boat who knows me and my position gave me time, knowing he could stop me mid conversation to work a live one.

The buyers broker I hit it off with and think I can work well with, offered his help on any boat or other facet of the game without obligation.

There are lots of good ones around.

Mutual respect.
Hawgwash is offline   Reply With Quote