• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: Tiara 33 Open - small diesels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alabama Boater

Vessel Name
Always Something!
Vessel Make
Tiara 3700 open
Tiara 3300 Open – Twin Diesel – 1990

This Tiara is NOT a project boat but I am sure a to do list can be generated. The boat systems are fully functional and ready to cruise … and very economically. When I bought this Tiara in Sandusky OH, it was powered by 330 HP BBC gas engines. It was difficult to get fuel consumption under 8 GPH … about 1 mpg at any speed. I cruised 600 miles down the Ohio River and up the Tennessee paying $ dearly!! I repowered the boat with complete reman’d 85 hp Perkins 4.236 diesels. They are heat exchanger cooled and have only been used on inland rivers. Average fuel usage with diesel power is now 2 ¼ gph and about 3.5 mpg @ 8-9 mph depending on current. A ships log has all maintenance and fuel data. When the diesels were installed all the fuel hoses, raw water lines, exhaust hoses, fuel filters and battery cables were replaced. Gore packing was used in the stuffing boxes. The Hurth 2:1 63A gears drive 11/2 shafts and 20X17 - 4 blade props. Max speed is about 13 mph @ 2500 rpm. (I boat inland rivers so statute miles)

The Perkins 4.236 is one of the simplest diesels around. Mechanically injected, naturally aspired and the parts are readily available. When needed, buy them for a Massey Ferguson tractor engine. The main marine components are the coolant expansion tank, heat exchangers and exhaust manifold. Heat exchangers and stainless exhaust manifolds were replaced when engines were rebuilt.

The boat has all the necessary support systems for active boating and cruising ... diesels with 469 hrs, Magnum 2800 sine wave inverter w/ 2 separate 31 series batteries, 3 kw Kubota powered generator with about 30 hrs, remote controlled anchor windlass, reverse cycle AC, stove, microwave, refrigerator, stereo and TV with built in DVD player.

Integrated electronics include Raymarine HD digital radar, C80W display, DSM 300 depth, autopilot with rate gyro and PR70 control head.

The general boat layout is express cruiser, with a large open cockpit with transom door to swim platform. 3 hatches provide access to the center mounted generator and storage on either side. This is open space with 2 movable Ez-In deck chairs. No built-ins make it very easy to clean. A full bimini covers this aft deck when needed. The single 275 gal. fuel tank is under the aft deck forward of the generator. Up 1 step forward is the control deck with slide mounted, reclining pilot chair with storage under and rear facing seat behind. Port side has double seat with storage under and wet bar to the rear. A chart deck is forward of port seating. The control deck can be fully enclosed for cool weather boating. Top canvas is in excellent shape. Drop curtain and rear bimini are in good usable condition. The engines are under the control deck and are accessed by a small hatch for general engine checks or by electric lift that raises the whole control deck. Ventilation is provided by a large center opening windshield and zipper opening side curtains. A center sliding door provides access to cabin area. Down 3 steps has galley to port and head to starboard. Just inside the doorway on the starboard wall is an extensive AC / DC electrical breaker panel including generator and inverter controls. Forward of the head is lounge seating and across on port side, forward of the galley, is a U shaped settee that makes into double bed. The boat interior is clean, shows very little wear, no musty smells, and is smoke free. The forward stateroom has an offset double bed to starboard with drawers under and a hanging locker to port. The stateroom can be separated from the saloon with a folding door. 3 screened opening overhead hatches provide ventilation when AC is not used.

What does it need? Bottom paint. I do not know where this boat will ultimately be headed … fresh or saltwater so I have not had the bottom done.

The Tiara 33 is a big boat with 12’6” beam and it is not a light weight @ 16,000 lbs. With only 14 degree dead rise it pushes easily and tracks true. It would make a great couples loop boat. Tiara is known for quality, seaworthy boats and this 33 is no exception.

I am asking $37,500. The boat is on the Tennessee River near Wheeler State Park. Loopers know Wheeler well. Chart your own destination from there.

I have a zip file of recent photos including some while doing the repower. PM me if you would like more details.

Attachments

• Tiara 2.jpg
    Tiara 2.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 348
  • Reblt008.jpg
    Reblt008.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 361
Interesting boat! Good luck on the sale!

Nice boat!
So does it still plane? Whats its max speed and fuel consumption at max rpm?

Fuel use at max speed

This Tiara 33, with no prop pockets and over 12' beam will plane at just over 10 mph. The express layout ... engines midship ... with longer shafts at lower angles has better balance than V drives with weight aft. While it has a planning hump to overcome, the whole boat tends to rise out of the water with less bow rise. With the mid engines, you give up the salesman's pitch of "aft cabin". At 2500, max rpm for this 4.236 specification, fuel usage is about 8 1/2 gph @ 13 mph. However, the majority of my operation is at 14-1600 with ground speed of 7-8 mph depending on river current. On the most recent long trip of 675 miles the average running speed was 7.7 mph and the fuel consumption was 2.31 gph.

That seems somewhat under powered?
My brother in-law bought a 34’ Tiara 14’6” beam and the Captainbefore him installed twin 240hp Steiger diesels. The boat does a healthy 23knots.

AB, Sounds like you did a nice conversion from express to TT Tiara Trawler. Nice job.

John

Maybe, but I'll bet the twin 240s get about the same mpg at 7.5 mph as the 4-236s, or so close as to make you say WTH would anybody put 4-236s in that boat.

Not to be a jerk but don't you feel like a dickhead turning this guys classified advertisement into a critical discussion thread? Bet you'd be pissed off if somebody trashed your ad.

Not to be a jerk but don't you feel like a dickhead turning this guys classified advertisement into a critical discussion thread? Bet you'd be pissed off if somebody trashed your ad.

Just thinking the same thing Craig.
WE HAVE GOT TO STOP DOING THIS.

"Not to be a jerk but don't you feel like a dickhead turning this guys classified advertisement into a critical discussion thread? Bet you'd be pissed off if somebody trashed your ad."

Yes - agreed 100%.

GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR CLASSIFIED. Members are encouraged to post to the Classified forum when they have a boat-related item for sale or whatever. However, posting in this forum has certain restrictions which other forums do not have. First, it is a "buyer beware" forum, and potential buyers should be aware of that. Second, posts demeaning or degrading the advertised item will not be tolerated. Such posts will be removed by the moderators. Third, extreme thread-hijacks will also not be tolerated. Questions, discussions, and constructive comments regarding the item for sale are permitted so long as they do not violate any of the above guidelines.

Thanks for posting that.

I agree on stopping these negative posts. If you don't like someone's item that's for sale, please just ignore it. Don't comment on it.

Tiara 33 Open - sold

:) Thanks to all that viewed the post.

:) Thanks to all that viewed the post.

YES, to me and my wife. Starting our new journey today and very excited to be a part of this lifestyle and community. We looked for 11 months and found the best value, IMO, that was available in our range with a few but minor compromises.
We are fortunate to have found this vessel and the wonderful owners that have made this a very nice transaction.
The journey begins.

BB

YES, to me and my wife. Starting our new journey today and very excited to be a part of this lifestyle and community. We looked for 11 months and found the best value, IMO, that was available in our range with a few but minor compromises.
We are fortunate to have found this vessel and the wonderful owners that have made this a very nice transaction.
The journey begins.

BB
Hi, is this boat still for sale? If so, can you please call my wife's phone on 417 699 8627. We have interest

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom