Case for the new 9.7" iPad Pro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDCAVE

Guru
Vessel Name
Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
I just purchased the new 9.7" iPad Pro and am looking for a shock and waterproof case for it. Has anyone explored this yet. I phoned Otterbox and was told they were not building a case for this iPad. Gumdrop has a "marine and industry" case for the iPad air but no such product for the 9.7" iPad Pro, although they will be shipping a "droptech" case for this iPad.

Jim

I use a Survivor case on my iPad Air. Never dropped it in the water to test the waterproofing but it is a pain to get the lens cover off when I want to take photos. What I really like about the Survivor case is the iPad has never come close to slipping out of my hand. But it does make for a thicker envelope.

If Lifeproof makes a case for it would be my first choice. I'm completely satisfied with the one on my iPad mini and yes, it is completely waterproof. Tested that yesterday:facepalm:

SO what you are saying is the iPad Pro 9.7 has different dimensions that the standard iPad 9.7???

Lifeproof and Otterbox would be my top recommendations. But it sounds like you have already been down those roads. Lifeproof is good but they are generally slow to adapt.

I ended up going with a Griffin Survivor All Terrain case for now.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Thanks Rogue. Pam had a leather flip-case for her last iPad like the one shown in that link. She like it but there was a magnet that secured the cover, and it interfered with the internal compass, so effected the navigation programs.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

I have a pelican for my iPad Air.

Back
Top Bottom