Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi to all...Scrolling through a few pics I noticed this beauty. Is that boat salty or what...

I have to admit, this is an odd one. Tiny ports for a windshield indicate serious blue water intent, but it must be like a cave in there. Is that a fly bridge?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 784
I have to admit, this is an odd one. Tiny ports for a windshield indicate serious blue water intent, but it must be like a cave in there. Is that a fly bridge?!
You can see a wheel up there in the second pic. I bet that's the only helm, since the cabin windows are small ports.
That is an odd boat. I think I like it, bet its cozy inside.

Yeah, I just really like the old school "salty" look of her...wish I had the money and the time!

I found this on Yacht World. I know it needs TLC, but to me, this is a GREAT looking boat!

I love the hull but wish the pilothouse were a few feet higher. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I like forward visibility.

Keith

You can see a wheel up there in the second pic. I bet that's the only helm, since the cabin windows are small ports.

I'll bet not. Many older ships had very small ports in the wheelhouse. Boarding seas can punch out large windows.

If the boat was intended as a serious blue water cruiser those ports would take seas in stride that would punch out larger windows. They could enjoy the view and weather when the weather allowed from the top but be protected below when needed.

Last edited:
Here's one in Craig Alaska.
This guy I suspect fishes 20 mi out and at times puts those port windows to good use. She's a double ender too. Mark will probably notice the stout railings too.

Attachments

• STH71896 copy.jpg
    STH71896 copy.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 211
  • STH71898 copy.jpg
    STH71898 copy.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 121
steel boat

Originally Posted by wyoboater
I found this on Yacht World. I know it needs TLC, but to me, this is a GREAT looking boat!
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1999/Fazzio---Tom-Colvin-Design-North-Sea-Trawler-2955312/Portland/OR/United-States

I saw this also not long ago. I lived on a steel boat for over 20 years. Looking at this one I almost ache to get my hands on it - I know how to take care of a steel boat! Too bad I am limited on funds and time or I would jump on it. By the looks of the lagging in ER it is dry stack. Where does it come out?

In honour of yacht designer Stephen Seaton recently joining TF, here's one of his designs up for sale. Somebody invested a lot of time in this one before the dream ended.

A little rough around the edges, and be forewarned, there have been "dozens of improvements" over the original design...always a red flag;

2013 Seaton Trawler Long Range Custom 56 Power Boat For Sale -

Same design at a better price with active fin stabilizers and paravanes, Mojo (Sluggo);

http://www.yatco.com/vessel/info/12...RINE-WISCONSIN-For-Sale-Newport-United-States

Many more designs and higher quality builds here;

http://www.seatonyachts.com/

Last edited:
I think it did sell a couple of years ago. I wanted it. ?

Ya know, fijigone........that's a VERY good question! lol.....Dunno. But, if I had the funds that weren't earmarked for other things, I'd jump on this just cuz.........Hell, I may do it any way, at least make an offer..........I do LIKE this boat! Wouldn't sell In Disguise, so wifey might not be impressed...(what ya gonna do with 2? huh?) but...I do like it.

Quick peak at a Seaton 56...much to love...

Nice boat... However:

Needs queen size walk around in owners room.

Engine room not shown??

Verrrry important pieces of any boat!

Nice boat... However:

Needs queen size walk around in owners room.

Engine room not shown??

Verrrry important pieces of any boat!

Art, that would work for me. These boats are true passage makers with transatlantic range. Probably then some for Pacific cruising. Even with paravanes and stabilizers I would have lee canvas on the sides of the bunks. Rolling around on a centerline queen would not be fun. Also, the engine rooms are great. I seriously considered buying Mojo. I wanted that boat, but circumstances being what they are I calmed down. Still, I kinda kick myself a little for not buying it. It had a big industrial rated none turboed Cummins in the center of the engine room. You could walk all around it, and professional stainless steel tool drawers around it. 'em are nice boats!:thumb:

Art, that would work for me. These boats are true passage makers with transatlantic range. Probably then some for Pacific cruising. Even with paravanes and stabilizers I would have lee canvas on the sides of the bunks. Rolling around on a centerline queen would not be fun. Also, the engine rooms are great. I seriously considered buying Mojo. I wanted that boat, but circumstances being what they are I calmed down. Still, I kinda kick myself a little for not buying it. It had a big industrial rated none turboed Cummins in the center of the engine room. You could walk all around it, and professional stainless steel tool drawers around it. 'em are nice boats!:thumb:

Thanks Don. Glad to hear the engine rooms is great. Center queen would offer reduced throw on rolls, compared to side bunks. I would invent a way to remain restrained on the center bed... in one way or another. I would not buy a pleasure boat just for tall disruptive waves at sea. I would buy it mostly for pleasures. Linda and I like a king... settle for a queen in boats. Side bunks would not please the Admiral - nor me! :D

Here's a good looking little steel ship I came across earlier today:

9631-albums319-picture2848.jpg

Here's the link for those who want to see the specs on this beauty:

Classic 58 « CONRAD YACHTS CONRAD YACHTS

Sort of reminds me of the Pilgrim 40 design, but I think the Pilgrim made better space use of this length vessel.

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/redesigning-pilgrim-40-trawler-canal-boat-11212.html

I was suggesting the use of a steel hull as well, with a composite sandwich superstructure.
sketch perspective,ps700.jpg

Pilgrim 40 brochure sketch, adjusted aspec, ps700t.jpg

Last edited:
Arent the anchor snubbers the ones that are supposed to be tight and the chain itself with the slack?

A 1:1 depth/rode length ratio is more than dodgy as well! Hopefully they were just dropping/raising when the photo was taken...

Last edited:
Just had chance for one quick picture of this beauty, on the outer dock of Lulu's in Alabama. Note the external rudder hanging on the stern. Does anyone know what she is?

IMG_1069.jpg

Diesel Duck, George Buehler?

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom