Plumbing Fixture Remodel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HiDHo

Guru
It was past due for our 1987 Manatee to replace the galley, head sink and shower faucets. In my youth I would have tackled this job and spent countless hours doing the change out but I deferred to the expertise of a master plumber. Good information for other Manatee owners is the copper hot and cold supply is 1/2" O.D. and "L" class pipe which the plumber told me is thick wall class copper.
The galley and head sink are completed, the shower required ordering some items. I will add the shower photo when it's completed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 133
Head vanity sink. (I was unable to post multiple photos ?)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 128
Looks REALLY good.

We finally finished the last item on our plumbing fixtures re-modeling. We wanted a one handle shower mixing valve which the plumber could adjust to prevent scalding. The Manatee shower allows for such a valve but the riser to the shower head cannot be hidden behind the bulkhead above the valve. We solved this problem by using a 36" chrome plated 1/2" threaded nipple. I attached a photo so anyone wanting to tackle this up grade can see what I've tried to discribe. Getting rid of the old two handle shower fixture is well worth the effort.
The plumber used Blue Monster PTFE thread sealing tape which is a big improvement over the white thin tape, might be worth caring a roll aboard.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom