V Berth Mattress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pacific Joule wrote:
We have memory foam over mattress foam and are very happy with the comfort . We have it covered with a high quality marine fabric has lasted and weathered very well. Hope this help you. PJ
Welcome JouleIs that a 28' or 30' Commander? Great boat. I assume you are in BC. Where abouts?

markpierce wrote:

V-berths are the pits if you're sleeping with an intimate*partner.* Better to reconfigure with an off-set double berth.
Of course, but there's really no room.

Rusty Lewis wrote:

The previous owners of our boat put in custom mattresses from boatbeds.com. Both the aft stateroom and the V-berth. The v-berth mattresses fit perfectly. The mattress sides are angled to match the sides of the hull. While probably not an inexpensive option, they are nice.
I checked Sunday and mine are angled also.

And if you mean the offset double where someone has to crawl over someone else to get out, cracking their heads on the overhead, then I'll stick with the v-berth.

Carey wrote:

Pacific Joule wrote:
We have memory foam over mattress foam and are very happy with the comfort . We have it covered with a high quality marine fabric has lasted and weathered very well. Hope this help you. PJ
Welcome JouleIs that a 28' or 30' Commander? Great boat. I assume you are in BC. Where abouts?

Clark & Carey,*****Thank you for the welcome to the sight , seems like you guys have*good things*going on here, glad to be aboard , I hope my in put will be helpful.
You are right about me being from BC, right now our home port is Kitimat .
You are also right about the make of out boat , A Commander She is a 1986 30'er. I do not think there has been a 28' made but there is a 26' and a limited number of 38's .
Safe and Happy Boating . PJ.
smile.gif

-- Edited by Pacific Joule on Wednesday 23rd of February 2011 12:18:45 AM

-- Edited by Pacific Joule on Wednesday 23rd of February 2011 12:31:00 AM

Mold & your foam bed... I use this 1" venting material under the bed in the V berth to prevent mold. I also lift the bed and let it get air when not using it. There is also a small dehumidifier and fan that I utilize 24-7.

Is there something more One can do to augment what I mention to prevent mold under a mattress short of bringing in a carpenter to rebuild the bed box to allow slats ?

Last edited:
When we leave the boat for more then a week I slide a couple 2x4s between the platform and the mattress in each stateroom . Turn a small fan on in each room and then run a large dehumidifier for the whole boat....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom