View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 11:25 AM   #397
N4061
Guru

Engine Room Storage

The other day I was talking to Scott about the engine and the location of different equipment and the topic of tool storage cabinet came up. While this may not sound very important to some readers, anyone who has spent time aboard and works on their own boat will appreciate this little "extra" built-in storage cabinet designed to keep tools stored safely. The cabinet is standard equipment (nice surprise) on the H38E and is located on the forward / starboard side of the engine. Its a great location to keep tools, fluids, rags and towels and other miscellaneous items all in one place.

When I think back on our previous boats, none of them offered this nice touch (even as an option) which resulted in myself having to locate places to securely hold down my toolbox and everything else mentioned above. I ended having things stuffed into different corners of the ER. Needless to say not everything stayed put after a long run in rough seas. This makes me wonder what some builders are thinking when they design the engine room and forget to include this simple but yet very important to the future owner.

Another nice touch on the H38E - Scott if your reading this please keep up the good work.

John
N4061 is offline   Reply With Quote