Kudos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

creekcrab

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Paws Aboard
Vessel Make
45 Californian
Kudos to Hopcar. I needed a replacement lens for my stern light and went to a major national marine retailer to try to get the part. While the staff wanted to be helpful they just couldn't help me and wanted to sell me a replacement that I didn't think was a match. I emailed Parks the numbers from the cover and he researched the part and has one on the way. He did this for a $20 part. Great customer service.

Hey, can I chime in too?

I couldn't track down a service manual for our Lehr propane outboard on the internet or even get a copy from the place where we bought the outboard, so I asked Parks if he knew anything about it. He promptly sent me what he had, but then we realized there was some information missing. Parks then went out of his way to contact Lehr (who was ignoring my attempts to get any information) and got them to give him what was missing.

Took days to work it all out...and I didn't even buy anything from him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again :thumb:

I'll pile on this party too. Parks will not only go out of his way to help but is a genuine nice guy to boot. Purchased a couple times and sent him on a wild goose chase a couple others and he's been exceedingly patient with me.

Thanks Parks, you're the real deal.

Not only the customer service, but there are rumors he will even help you drink your beer!

Parks personally delivered an anchor I bought from him from one side of FL to the other, and he bought me a beer or three!

So yeah, he's da man.

PILE ON!!!

He personally build to spec our new snubber and gave us a great deal on 150' of chain. He's got a good beat and is great to dance to, 4 stars!

Nice to see kudos given to anyone in the marine business. We should go out of our way to give recognition to the good guys, they are too few and far between.

I've never been there or met Parks, but I've only heard great things about him and had his store highly recommended to me.

Parks is an ethical businessman who befriends his customers and keeps tabs on product trends, old and new. That's probably why Hopkins-Carter remains a relevant player in a market of superstores and on-line robot order houses. Of course, the beer market trends don't elude him either.;)

Parks is an ethical businessman who befriends his customers and keeps tabs on product trends, old and new. That's probably why Hopkins-Carter remains a relevant player in a market of superstores and on-line robot order houses. Of course, the beer market trends don't elude him either.;)

Interesting point. While we see the "demise" of mom and pop and small business, we see others like Hop-Car that have proven it doesn't have to be. One of the things I often observed was small businesses cutting back which made service poorer, which eliminated their one true hope. While there is unfortunately a majority who will not pay for better service, there are many left who value service and will be loyal and realize they can still get good prices from the independent. It makes me very happy to see businesses like his.

I keep seeing you guys giving kudos to Parks, this is good!!!!

But,--I have a complaint----

He's not on Vancouver Island, BC.

Ted

I was afraid that would be the answer!
But we do have great cruising grounds pretty much all year,
and not the hurricanes I hear of down there!!!

Ted

I was afraid that would be the answer!
But we do have great cruising grounds pretty much all year,
and not the hurricanes I hear of down there!!!

Ted
The only Hurricane Parks worries about is low tide in his glass! Glad he is getting recognized for personalized service that goes above and beyond.

Last edited:
Parks is the man . Helped me several times , but I'm not sure what shift he works :confused:

Good grief! Keep this up and Parks will...

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom