Work in progress. 65' lugger reworked after a fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And if that does not work, Heat and Beat!!

Kudos on getting it fired up. Nice "stack talk". Noise from the engine itself will nearly go away when you get the hatches down.

Motor sounds good.

The Rose Rides again!!!!!!!!
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1461097882.569443.jpg

A day to celebrate! Nicely done, swampu!! I bet the toughest part was wiping the grin off your face.

Awesome Paul! Even RTF is speechless :)

RT, your video hadn't loaded when I first looked. There was just a blank post, hence my jab. :)

How could I have doubted you...my bad!

Are you going to put a tennis court on the roof?

Thanks guys! I'm still smiling! I'm going to start with bikinis and beer but the tennis courts are a good idea!

Alright Paul way to go . The Rose is one sweet looking ride. Man you put your head down and got it done .:thumb::thumb:

Tennis balls can be dropped and float in the water for retrival...so can bikinis! :thumb:

Congrats on a cruise?!

A day to celebrate! Nicely done, swampu!! I bet the toughest part was wiping the grin off your face.

Flywright, are you kidding? An undertaker couldn't get the smile off Paul's face. A great day indeed.:thumb:

I love it man . You've come a long way . Great video everybody had big grins .

Must really be some heart beating exhilaration going on there!! A pair of sweet singing Detroit diesels are the perfect fanfare to announce Swampu's return!! A great day!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Great trip, a reward for all your hard work. Going to be a top boat!

Paul
Great advancement-keep it going.:) She'll live again.

First trip on boat - similar to first kiss - in bed! You never forget! Great to see you cruising in her!!

Well Monday I'll be tearing into the other motor. I can't in good conscience cover it up. It runs good but takes about 20 seconds to start and dumps a cloud of white smoke. Didn't really want to but it's time to bite the bullet again.

Sorry to learn that Paul. Best luck for repair.

Well this has been a topsy turvy week. I had every intention to pull the starboard engine apart this morning but yesterday evening my brother came over and I was showing the boat and I hit the start button and it cranked right up! I pulled the injectors out and will get them checked. I'm putting the frame in off for now. I did install some bad ass filters today. The tips of the injectors were covered in carbon.
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1462838518.858977.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1462838530.086502.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1462838540.854117.jpg

Also I installed about 23 of the Windows. They need to be painted but I'm ready to get out there
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1462838678.363490.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1462838719.100638.jpg

Well, 3 of the 6 injectors were bad. The three new injectors I bought a few years ago were the good ones. I got a half build on my oil pump for the gear so a few hours with the mechanic and the starboard engine should be up to snuff. Got some gel coat going down this week as well.

Outer coatings are coming together. Maybe a week and the primer will be done!
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1463779026.650195.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1463779042.607088.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1463779055.828511.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1463779073.853764.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1463779102.552017.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1463779114.640916.jpg

Back
Top Bottom